ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE Citizenship FAQ - Passport - Q4

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ban.s

RE Citizenship FAQ - Passport - Q4

Post by ban.s » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:06 am

Citizenship FAQ - Passport - Q4

Q4: Do I need to send my foreign passport with the British passport application?

Yes. You need to send any current passport you have. You also need to send the passport you entered the UK with.

Don't think there a requirement anymore to send the passport that one used to enter to the UK. Section 3 of the form asks for only uncancelled passport.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:11 am

Table B on page 14 in the passport guide still lists the passport you entered with (for born abroad applicants) although I agree that not sending it will not affect your application.

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello,

I entered the UK on a South African passport that was cancelled when I renewed it.

When I sent my application for the Passport, all I sent was my current South African passport ... not my cancelled one and had no problems.

For everything else (ILR & Naturalization), I had to send both current and cancelled passports ....

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Yes, it's not required by Naturalised BC when applying for their first passport.

Table B is not applicable to naturalised BC. Page 12 supporting docs table has a big X.