ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just lost our baby need my man by my side NOW!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angel_witha_broken_wing
Newly Registered

Just lost our baby need my man by my side NOW!!

Post by angel_witha_broken_wing » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:54 pm

I need help. :(
I went to Jamaica to visit my fiance for the 10th time since we begun our relationship in 2003.

i returned to the UK in December 2006....feeling unwell, Xmas Eve i done a home pregnancy test which showed a faint blue line...meaning positive...me and my partner my family were over joyed as we have been trying for many years to concieve, all documented as doctor reffered me to sub fertility but they would not examin me without my partner being present, but have stated on paper when he arrives in the uk i should make and apppointment for samples to be gathered from him...all his details are documented....however my 3weeks in JA we did it alone, I was pregnant.

After the festive season ended i went to the doctor who offically tested me....
i was 6 weeks pregnant. I told him i was in some discomfort on my right side and i feared that something was wrong with the baby.

He immediately wrote me a letter and sent me to the hospital...on arrival i was tested for pregnancy hormones which was present...i was then scanned and it was discovered that i was in fact having an ectopic pregnancy...(the baby had implanted and started growing inside my right tube) on further scans there became cause of worry for my life as tube was about to rupture, and an emergency operation was performed there and then...at first i was told 6 hours to operation but on closer examination the operation was brought forward and i was told it was to be done in 20 minutes. they kept asking where is your partner, havent you got anyone who could be here with you. my answer was a frightened tearful no, my partner lives abroad.....

Before the op I managed to squeeze a very distressed phone call using my mobile to my partner in jamaica, who became as upset as me, we were sad angry afraid, mixed emotions. I personally was a nervous wreck...i suffer with anxiety and i felt as if i was losing my mind i was having repetative panick attacks back to back.
After surgery i was told they had to take away my right tube along with the baby, i was sticthed up and discharged the next day 4th Jan with 3 boxes of painkillers without a full explaination.

the last 2 weeks I have been in an emotional state i'm physically and mentally weak.

We also have a provisional booking for our registery office wedding here in the UK in April, i have recieved written confirmation of this from them, My partner needs to come over asap so he can support and comfort me and at the same time give notice,
we are so unhappy...we want to grieve our loss together...

I emailed BHC kingston yesterday asking current settlement waiting times. They replied: The fiancee settlement visa application takes 6 months to process....so what do we do now...

Do u think we have a chance at the marriage visit visa, even though
We were turned down for a visit visa in 2004 because they said: based on probabilities he wouldnt return. and didnt have enough ties..

:( oh please someone help me...what can i do.
the letter i recieved from the registery office states he needs to be here in the next 3 weeks to give notice....i cant think straight... any comments will be appreciated.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:18 pm

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through.

I really can only sympathize as I am not an immigration expert.

Is it possible for you to bring him over on a fiance visa, and then marry him here? I am not sure if the waiting times for fiance visas are any quicker.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:07 am

I'm afraid I don't know much about your visa situation, but I sent you a pm regarding other things. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

angel_witha_broken_wing
Newly Registered

Post by angel_witha_broken_wing » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:56 am

MANY Thanks to you both.....any reply is better than none at all... :wink:

We offically want to apply for fiance visa, which leads to settlement. The current waiting time in Kingston Jamaica is 6 months to process.

The other option is a marriage visit visa, where he comes over for 6 months we marry and he returns to his country....in order to apply for spouse visa.

he has been refused a visit before...so we are not sure that we will be granted that one....even given our traumatic circumstances....
that would be the best option for us to be together immediately, if we apply now, we will know the outcome of the application in just a week or 2 sometimes sooner.
BUT another refusual wont look too good if we then go for fiance visa
i am so Stressed, I still cant get around, my body has reacted badly to the stitches...ARRRh...SOMEONE HELP ME PLS :cry: