ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

address change while OCI application in process

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rp
Newly Registered

address change while OCI application in process

Post by rp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi,

I am in strange situation and that's why I don't know whether to wait or apply for OCI now.

I am changing my house in exactly 2 months time and I have to apply for OCI by post. It seems that if I apply now, my address will change while OCI application in process. What is the solution for it. or I should apply only after changing the address?

Thanks in advance.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:40 am

Does it matter? Have Royal Mail Redirection from your old address to new address.

OCI is a mere visa, not an (overseas) address proof.

I have changed house since I have applied for OCI. Redirection in place. CGI has a SDE with old address in application.

Regards.

rp
Newly Registered

Post by rp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:56 am

No address on OCI is not problem. But, because I have to send it by post I will have to send originals mainly British passport. I wonder whether it is possible to change the documents sending address to new address by Indian embassy itself before sending stamped documents. I think Indian embassy will send post by private courier which will not use royal mail forwarding facility.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 am

rp wrote:by post I will have to send originals mainly British passport.

I think Indian embassy will send post by private courier which will not use royal mail forwarding facility.
I see that you ahvent yet applied for OCI. Please read the forum extensively and you will get clear picture on the application process. You do NOT require sending any originals when applying for OCI.

Secondly CGI/HCI wont use private courier. Its VFS Services UK Ltd who use royal mail or if paid for then private courier. However for OCI there is no involvement of VFS or any other agency, you have to deal directly with the HCI/CGI.

Good luck.