ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa sponsored by Tier 1 applicant

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SanMirza
Newly Registered

Tourist visa sponsored by Tier 1 applicant

Post by SanMirza » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Hello, hope you're all good.

I hope this isn't the wrong section I'm posting under, as I could not see a category for tourist visa.

I am an applicant of General Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. I applied on 11th December 2012, submitted Biometrics on 4th January 2013. Since then there hasn't been any news from UKBA. The issue is, that I am expecting a baby and I am due end of May 2013.

I want my mother to visit me by mid April 2013. My parents live in Dubai and will be sponsoring themselves. They have provided their own proof of maintenance funds. However, they need a letter of invitation from me, alongwith proof of residence and maternity records. My previous visa (spouse dependent PSW) expired in Feb 2013, and of course visa under entrepreneur category is still under consideration.

I sent all relevant documents to my parents, they applied for a family visitor visa, but it got rejected within a week stating that I did not have a legal status in the UK, giving them only a limited right to appeal.

Can someone please advise how can I go about this? What more necessary documents must I supply? I did send all documents that I received from UKBA confirming that my case had been submitted and so had the biometrics.

Please advise. Thanks a lot.

kunaldhande
Newly Registered

Post by kunaldhande » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:38 am

Hi,

First of all congrats.

when did your visa expired? if its expired already; you can call your parents through General/tourist visa process.
Tell them to maintain £7000-8000 in their account; because if your visa has expired you can not sponsor them.

I have done the same thing for my parents.

SanMirza
Newly Registered

Post by SanMirza » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks very much for your kind response!

My PSW dependent visa expired in February 2013. I applied for Entrepreneur in December 2012..

I am not sponsoring them. I have not shown any of my bank details etc, I am only inviting them as I am having a baby. I have given a letter of invitation, maternity records, tenancy agreement and whatever documents I could find to let the case workers know that my visa is under process.

My parents are sponsoring themselves, and have shown their own bank statements. However, they were refused a visa on the grounds that:
a) I did not have a "legal status"
b) There wasn't sufficient proof that my mother would return to Dubai.
c) They objected why had my parents not visited me before as it's been a year since I've been living in UK (which I found to be a very strange objection).

SanMirza
Newly Registered

Post by SanMirza » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:51 am

I need to know what documents can I show to prove that I have applied for Entrepreneur visa and that it is still under consideration. I need to prove that I have the same rights as entitled by my previous status (PSW Dependent).

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:35 pm

I will recommend you write a covering letter explaining you status and reason why you sponsoring your parents.

In covering letter also mention you have attached acknowledgement letter which you have received from ukba to confirm your application is under process.

Good luck

SanMirza wrote:I need to know what documents can I show to prove that I have applied for Entrepreneur visa and that it is still under consideration. I need to prove that I have the same rights as entitled by my previous status (PSW Dependent).

kunaldhande
Newly Registered

Post by kunaldhande » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 pm

Can you please tell me what visa they applied before?

I have shown my biometric letter as a proof that I have applied for Tier 1 E visa.
My parents submitted their work certificate and leave approval certificate to prove that they have Job back and they are going to return.

They have shown that they have properties on their name which is again a proof that they are going to return.

I did not understand why they have given last reason. Its totally depend on your parents decision when to go for holidays and visit their relatives.

SanMirza
Newly Registered

Post by SanMirza » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:59 pm

rehan01 wrote:I will recommend you write a covering letter explaining you status and reason why you sponsoring your parents.

In covering letter also mention you have attached acknowledgement letter which you have received from ukba to confirm your application is under process.

Good luck
Thanks for the input, I'll do that. I did mention my visa status in the invitation letter though, and I also mentioned about all relevant UKBA letters being attached, I dont know what more they want.

@Kunaldhande: They applied for a family visitor visa. As they are in Dubai, they do not possess property ownership papers for property that they own back home in Pakistan. But I have asked my father to attach relevant proof of his employment and their own tenancy documents etc when they apply again.
I dont understand the last reason as well, lol.

kunaldhande
Newly Registered

Post by kunaldhande » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 pm

My parents went to visa office to put an application for Family Visitor visa; but the person who was taking the documents saw my visa status in UK and he suggested my parent that not to submit this application it will be rejected.

He suggested to apply for tourist visa and thats what my parents applied now.