ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent- Same day or by post?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UpToDate

Urgent- Same day or by post?

Post by UpToDate » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi All,
Could you please give some suggestions?

1) I booked same day appointment at Croydon (first week of April 2013) via solicitor
2) Visa expiring first week of May 2013

Questions;
Should I go ahead with this appointment or better to send by post and cancel the appointment?
I am only nervous about next visa expiry date, either they give from the day I go or the day when current visa expiring.
If it start from the day I go, then I will be short of days for ILR (in fulfilling 5 years (

I have all documents in line as director with Ltd. company.

Any comments and suggestion would be more than appreciable, please.

Seniors please advise...

Thanks,

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Urgent- Same day or by post?

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm

UpToDate wrote:Hi All,
Could you please give some suggestions?

1) I booked same day appointment at Croydon (first week of April 2013) via solicitor
2) Visa expiring first week of May 2013

Questions;
Should I go ahead with this appointment or better to send by post and cancel the appointment?
I am only nervous about next visa expiry date, either they give from the day I go or the day when current visa expiring.
If it start from the day I go, then I will be short of days for ILR (in fulfilling 5 years (

I have all documents in line as director with Ltd. company.

Any comments and suggestion would be more than appreciable, please.

Seniors please advise...

Thanks,
No one can give you a 100% confirm answer abt the visa start date. it all depends upon case worker.

If I were you, I will send my application on 4th April by post and save myself few £££ as fees are increasing from 6th April. (if there are no plans to travel outside UK within next 4-5 months.)

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:47 pm

they will give you visa from date of decision

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:44 pm

I got my visa renewed from the expiry date... applied at Croydon PEO almost 6 weeks before visa expiry.
Based on experiences of other members, its more or less depend on case workers discretion. If you are tight on 5 year residency period, applying through post is the best option. However this can raise your blood pressure due to very long waiting time....

UpToDate

Post by UpToDate » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks for your suggestions.

This is only worry to me to decide post or same day. I am applying with two dependents (wife & son).

My gap only when I entered UK just 65 days after I got visa.

Yes, I am really worry about ILR point of view if start from the day when I go there.( more fee and another extension)

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:06 pm

I applied 360 days before my visa expiry and got extension from date of visa expiry

in my case T1G Apr 08 - Apr 11, extension applied Apr 10, got extension till Apr 14

This varies case to case and time to time

check recent guide line

This page explains when you should apply for permission to remain in the UK under Tier 1 (General).
We encourage you to make your application at least 1 month before your current permission to stay expires. However, if you apply significantly more than 1 month before your permission to stay expires, and you want to apply for settlement later, you may not have accumulated enough total permission to stay. This is because your new permission to stay will begin on the date when we make the decision, not the date when your current permission expires.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -to-apply/

UpToDate

Post by UpToDate » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Hi Ali,

Thats realy exceptional case, great!!

Could you please comment on, when you applied that time , were same rules as you shared via qoute in your post?

UpToDate

Post by UpToDate » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:08 pm

bubin123 wrote:I got my visa renewed from the expiry date... applied at Croydon PEO almost 6 weeks before visa expiry.
Based on experiences of other members, its more or less depend on case workers discretion. If you are tight on 5 year residency period, applying through post is the best option. However this can raise your blood pressure due to very long waiting time....
Hi bubin,
When you had renewed your visa?
recently or its long time now?

Please suggest what you in my situation?

thanks

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:03 pm

I applied in April 2010 and rules were changed on 6 april which states that extension will be 3 years and initial will be 2 years i.e. 3+2 T1G was changed into 2+3

At that time, people were getting mixed responses, some get extension from expiry date but some get extension from date of decision and I wrote a cover letter with my application, requesting case worker to consider that fact that I will get extension after my expiry to make my 5 year term complete (dont know if this has played any role as I dont think I can dictate CW)

My friend applied in August and had lot of arguments with CW but they said he will get extension from date of decision, then we looked form guidance and found that this sentence was not in guidance when I applied in April 2010 but was included by Aug 2010

UpToDate

Post by UpToDate » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Okay, thanks for sharing this info.

My visa is too 3+2 ( first time I had applied March 2010)

According to you and others...its make sensible to go by post..

Thanks again...

vwhiting
Newly Registered

Post by vwhiting » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi UpToDate,
Just wondering how you managed to book your visa appointment (for yourself and two dependents) - I'm battling to do it myself. I've noticed that if i tryy book single appointment (no dependent), there are plenty of appts available, but if i add even one dependent then there are suddently never any appts available.
Regards
Val