ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of absence for Tier 1 general applicants and details

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunita80

Letter of absence for Tier 1 general applicants and details

Post by sunita80 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi, I will be applying for ILR in first week of May 2013 under Tier 1 General category. My details are as under:
Tier 1 General category for last 5 years
EC on 21 May 2008
Entered UK on 2 June 2008
Extension expires on 21 May 2013.

So i will be applying 28 days before 2 June 2013 i.e. week commencing 7 May 2013.

My question is :
1. I changed a couple of jobs before my current one (never been unemployed even for a single day in last 5 years in UK) and already have letters from previous employers dated Oct 2012 i.e. the date when I left that job. Would that letter be valid when I am applying in May 2013 for ILR
2. The letter states only business trips and days outside of UK, not info about personal leave. My days outside UK on personal annual leave have been 120 days in total in 5 years. My employers would not certify personal leave they say. Do you think this would be a problem? I have back ups in form of employment contract letters to show that I was allowed paid annual leave of 25 days each year and also that I have been paid throughout last 5 years in UK (I have all payslips copies plus all bank statements). Would this be enough to show that no leave was unpaid?

I would be grateful if people could contribute their ideas/ knowledge and help me out, Thanks. [/b]

sunita80

Post by sunita80 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Almost 40 views but no replies :(

Please could some one help out!! :?:

vd_ilr

Post by vd_ilr » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:54 pm

if you are on Tier 1 for the whole 5 year period no need for providing letter or proof. I got ILR last week.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:56 pm

vd_ilr wrote:if you are on Tier 1 for the whole 5 year period no need for providing letter or proof. I got ILR last week.
The rules are changing beginning 6th April and Tier 1 applicants also need to provide letters in support to their applications covering absences.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Good that you are having Pay slips and Bank statements and Employer contracts.. From 06/04 Employer has to certify whether your absences from UK were work related or holidays,for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants(before 06/04).. It's CW's discretion to accept your supporting documentsas proof.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:20 am

Kevin24 wrote:Good that you are having Pay slips and Bank statements and Employer contracts.. From 06/04 Employer has to certify whether your absences from UK were work related or holidays,for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants(before 06/04).. It's CW's discretion to accept your supporting documentsas proof.
So what if someone is out of work and leaves uk for couple of months says 70 days?? what kind of proof can he/she submit? please say no if u dont know the answer..don't just disappear. I am sorry but I am saying this from my past experience...people reply in one line and then they don't follow up their own answers.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:30 am

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Good that you are having Pay slips and Bank statements and Employer contracts.. From 06/04 Employer has to certify whether your absences from UK were work related or holidays,for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants(before 06/04).. It's CW's discretion to accept your supporting documentsas proof.
So what if someone is out of work and leaves uk for couple of months says 70 days?? what kind of proof can he/she submit? please say no if u dont know the answer..don't just disappear. I am sorry but I am saying this from my past experience...people reply in one line and then they don't follow up their own answers.
If you are absent for 70 days from UK,there could be a compelling reason or otherwise. You have to give a Personal Statement with supporting documents to back your absence. Have you been out of UK ,when you have been out of work???

sunita80

Post by sunita80 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks all.

Any advice from the senior members!?

Is anyone else facing the same problem..I mean contacting ex- employers and asking them to certify annual leave even though the total leave is in line with annual leave as per contract.

What are others providing as evidence for leave from ex-employers? Thanks.

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 pm

I am on the same boat. I have been out of UK for 10 months while being on Tier-1 and no employement in UK. What proof I can show for this period?

sunita80

Post by sunita80 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, if you have been unemployed when out of UK there is not much you can do. Just say that and explain in your letter.

In my case I was employed through out but have changed jobs and ex-employers dont have past data.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
If you are absent for 70 days from UK,there could be a compelling reason or otherwise. You have to give a Personal Statement with supporting documents to back your absence. Have you been out of UK ,when you have been out of work???

Hi kevin seems like you are the man who can solve my problem :D. Yeah I was out of uk for 170 days in my first year. I broke my leg and couldnt return. I have got a medical from the doc and physiotherapy. So what do u say? Is that doc enuf?

u can refer to my post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=130101

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:17 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

Hi kevin seems like you are the man who can solve my problem :D. Yeah I was out of uk for 170 days in my first year. I broke my leg and couldnt return. I have got a medical from the doc and physiotherapy. So what do u say? Is that doc enuf?

u can refer to my post

kevin??

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:06 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

u can refer to my post

kevin??
Don't worry Mate! I just saw your post. I am at work right now. Tonight I will respond to your query.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:16 pm

thanks @kevin

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:35 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

u can refer to my post
Some one has replied your earlier post and has said you should be o.k,as have been absent less than 180 days a year. That you are o.k. Are you planning to go for a PEO appointment? What is your Immigration History?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

u can refer to my post

kevin??
You could back your personal Statement with Dr' s Medical Certificate, Physiotherapist's Letters/ Notes and Any Hospital letters.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:

u can refer to my post
Some one has replied your earlier post and has said you should be o.k,as have been absent less than 180 days a year. That you are o.k. Are you planning to go for a PEO appointment? What is your Immigration History?
Sorry about the last reply..Yeah I know but I wanted a details reply..Yeah I have got medical certificate from the doctor. I will defo go for PEO. My immigration history is that I am on tier one and I complete five years on 17th of june 2013. But I got the my extension till 2nd of june 2013.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Good you are intending to go for a PEO appointment. You could apply 28 days before your 5th Anniversary.as per current rules for ILR.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:42 pm

syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

u can refer to my post
Sorry about the last reply..Yeah I know but I wanted a details reply..Yeah I have got medical certificate from the doctor. I will defo go for PEO. My immigration history is that I am on tier one and I complete five years on 17th of june 2013. But I got the my extension till 2nd of june 2013.
Please also read FAQs for ILR -WP/Tier2/HSMP/Tier 1