ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In UK 5 yrs before app recd by UKBA?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rlpkamath
Newly Registered

In UK 5 yrs before app recd by UKBA?

Post by rlpkamath » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi - I have a question:

The UKBA website says that you should be physically in the country on the exact day 5 yrs before the day they receive the application i.e. at the start of the qualifying period.

Does anyone know if the UKBA date of receipt is the date of the appointment with the NCS or the date the application arrives at the UKBA offices?

Also the fees increase starting 6/4. My NCS appoint is 5/4. Do I pay the old rate or the new rate?

Lastly what counts as being physically in the country: do you need to have spent the entire 24 hours here or could it be a travel day?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 pm

its the date the ukba receives the application and you need to be physically present and not a travel day!
not sure which fee is applicable, i would imagine its would be the new fee if ukba receives app on or after 6/4
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

barnaby

Re: In UK 5 yrs before app recd by UKBA?

Post by barnaby » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:07 pm

rlpkamath wrote:The UKBA website says that you should be physically in the country on the exact day 5 yrs before the day they receive the application i.e. at the start of the qualifying period.

Lastly what counts as being physically in the country: do you need to have spent the entire 24 hours here or could it be a travel day?
"Only whole days' absences should be counted. The dates of departure and arrival are not to be counted as absences."
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:18 pm

i have same querry. i have appointment on 2/4/13.
which fees will be applicable on me??
anybody.....any suggestion ?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 pm

drzeevoh73 wrote:i have same querry. i have appointment on 2/4/13.
which fees will be applicable on me??
anybody.....any suggestion ?
Fee Changes

starter
Newly Registered

Post by starter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:53 pm

rlpkamath wrote:Hi - I have a question:

The UKBA website says that you should be physically in the country on the exact day 5 yrs before the day they receive the application i.e. at the start of the qualifying period.

Does anyone know if the UKBA date of receipt is the date of the appointment with the NCS or the date the application arrives at the UKBA offices?

Also the fees increase starting 6/4. My NCS appoint is 5/4. Do I pay the old rate or the new rate?

Thanks in advance.
I cannot Find your above ref about 5 years but it says the following

Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Reference is in this link and copy :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/
When does the residential qualifying period start?

The residential qualifying period is calculated from the day when we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the UK at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we receive your application on 25 March 2010, you must show that you were in the UK on 26 March 2005.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

starter
Newly Registered

Post by starter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:14 pm

CR001 wrote:Reference is in this link and copy :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/
When does the residential qualifying period start?

The residential qualifying period is calculated from the day when we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the UK at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we receive your application on 25 March 2010, you must show that you were in the UK on 26 March 2005.
Thanks CR001

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:27 am

starter wrote:
rlpkamath wrote:Hi - I have a question:

Thanks in advance.
I cannot Find your above ref about 5 years but it says the following

Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.
Are you married/civil p to a British citizen?