ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance for visa for parents - For a one month visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vega

Guidance for visa for parents - For a one month visit

Post by Vega » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:09 am

I am trying to put together app + docs for my in-laws to get the relevant visa for a one month visit to UK from India.

I am a Tier 1 holder. And my wife is a a Tier 1 dependent.

I see that it the general visitor visa that is applicable here.

1. Will they need original copies of any docs regarding my sponsorship of their visit? I would prefer to send just send scans of the statement I can get in a bank branch which they can print?

2. What are the timelines? They have a ticket already booked for two months from now - is this enough?

3. Is it enough to say I will be making arrangements for their accommodation rather than saying they will be staying at my place? Because it is a 1 bedroom flat and I hear of some overcrowding law related denials. Although actually the relevant law is not applicable if the stay is temporary. See my post here regarding that - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight= .

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 am

Do they need your financial help? If they don't then you don't need to send anything but whatever you send needs to be original or certified copies.

Vega

Post by Vega » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:16 am

For anyone else to refer to...

1. I did not send any originals. Even invitation letter was printed directly by them. They provided their records of income and ties to the country. I wrote in my letter that they don't need support - but I have money to support if they needed it.

2. They got the visa in 2 - 3 weeks

3. I did not provide any details of accommodation. No lease docs. Just said in the letter that one room will be made available for parents.