ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mel2012
Newly Registered

Referee for BC

Post by Mel2012 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 am

Hello guys! I have a quick question. A friend of mine from Asia is having difficulty to find British Citizen referee. I am just wondering if she can get a referee which is not a british citizen but citizen of other country that know her for 3 years. By the way, she has the professional one who is british citizen. But she is having a problem getting the other one which is just normal citizen. I appreciate any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:24 pm

The AN Guide is very clear :
One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a
minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, e.g. accountant or
solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of acceptable professional
persons can be found on our website.
The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional
person or over the age of 25.
Professional can be any nationality but the other one has to be British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.