ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10-year ILR: importance of cultural ties in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal49
Diamond Member

10-year ILR: importance of cultural ties in UK

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:02 am

Hi,

I am just wondering if UKBA can reject my application for ILR 10 year based on insufficient cultural ties with UK.

If i satisfies all of their other requirements, can they legally reject my application after deeming my ties with UK to be insufficient?

This is bothering me a little bit and was wondering if someone can calm my nerves here.

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:17 am

If you have strong ties to the UK, then this would count in your favour.

However, I'm not sure if having weak ties would necessarily make you undesirable?

See also Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks. i'll give that a read.

One minor question regarding the application form: can i leave the irrelevant pages on the application form from attaching with my application form.

there are lots of sections which are irrelevant to me and including them is only going to bloat my application pack.

What is the normal practice regarding those irrelevant sections.

I am just trying to keep papers to absolute minimum as i dont want caseworker to go through mountain of papers.

thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:05 pm

arsenal49 wrote:there are lots of sections which are irrelevant to me and including them is only going to bloat my application pack.

What is the normal practice regarding those irrelevant sections.

I am just trying to keep papers to absolute minimum as i dont want caseworker to go through mountain of papers.
Standard practice is to include all pages of the form, regardless of whether they apply to you or not, completing only what is applicable to you. I do understand what you mean though. The reason for this is because the SET(O) form is designed for many different immigration categories, so there will always be sections that don't apply to everyone. For the sake of completeness & less confusion I always include all pages, filling in only those that apply to me.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:26 pm

thanks,

i'll do the same. no point in me going against the norm, especially when they are so touchy about each and every immigration-related issue on the application form.