ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the cooling off period?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matrix1781
Newly Registered

Post by matrix1781 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:05 am

Hi

I have a Tier 2 ICT. Visa was issued in February 2012. If I were to work for a different employer, can I leave the country and get the new employer to apply for a Tier 2 General and obtain entry clearance using this? Or is there cooling off period before I can make this application.

Cheers
Raj

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: What is the cooling off period?

Post by physicskate » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:22 am

matrix1781 wrote:Hi

I have a Tier 2 ICT. Visa was issued in February 2012. If I were to work for a different employer, can I leave the country and get the new employer to apply for a Tier 2 General and obtain entry clearance using this? Or is there cooling off period before I can make this application.

Cheers
Raj

Cooling off of 12 months from the date you leave the country. Not sure why people think this is unclear or does not apply to them...

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 am

matrix1781 wrote:Hi

Cheers
Raj

Cooling off of 12 months from the date you leave the country. Not sure why people think this is unclear or does not apply to them...

matrix1781
Newly Registered

Post by matrix1781 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks for the response. I assumed that the 12 month cooling off period is only for one Tier 2 ICT to another Tier 2 ICT.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 pm

matrix1781 wrote:Thanks for the response. I assumed that the 12 month cooling off period is only for one Tier 2 ICT to another Tier 2 ICT.
The only exception is if you are transferring from short term to long term... Obvi with the same company.

Also, you could apply for an extension in country. ICT entry clearance long term to long term ICT with another company wouldn't be possible anyway, as you must have been employed by the company for more than 12 months.

glrrajesh
- thin ice -

Post by glrrajesh » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi,

I have had Tier2 ICT Short term VISA from Jul 2011 to Jul 2012. My cooling period for 12 months started in Jul 2012. But during my VISA period i had not utilized this visa (i.e i did not travel to UK on this VISA). So when we talk about 12 month cooling period which starts from the day we leave the country - i guess its not applicable for me bcos i have not been to UK at all in ICT VISA. So when i apply now, since i have not been in UK for last 12 months though my VISA got expired in July 2012, i guess i am eligible. Please clarify?

Secondly, I had been to UK in October 2012 (Post ICT expiry) on a Business VISA for 3 weeks, Does Business VISA trip would be considered for the date you leave the country for starting cooling off period. Please clarify? Thanks