ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for child born abroad - ""Please HELP&

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moon747
Newly Registered

Application for child born abroad - ""Please HELP&

Post by Moon747 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm

My son was born abroad and at that time I was on a student visa and my wife had a dependant visa. My wife and my son then arrived in the UK shortly after the birth of our son. Since then they are living in the UK.

All of us now have ILR and are eligible to apply for British citizenship. Kindly advise which form is to be used for my son? Form MN1 or any other form?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Moon747 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Application for child born abroad

Post by babe_khyber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Moon747 wrote:My son was born abroad and at that time I was on a student visa and my wife had a dependant visa. My wife and my son then arrived in the UK shortly after the birth of our son. Since then they are living in the UK.

All of us now have ILR and are eligible to apply for British citizenship. Kindly advise which form is to be used for my son? Form MN1 or any other form?

Thanks in advance. [/i][/b]
MN1 Section 3.1 Application for child who are born outside UK I think this is helpful information for you and good luck
best wishes
babe khyber

Moon747
Newly Registered

Post by Moon747 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks dear.

I have read MN1 guide which says "Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion - Section 3 (1) application Illegitimate children".

Are you sure that section 3 (1) is relevant here? Me and my wife have ILR and our son who is living in the UK for last seven years and he also got ILR for nearly one year so how can it be on Home Secretary's discretion?

Please clarify. I will be very grateful.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:25 am

Moon747 wrote:Thanks dear.

I have read MN1 guide which says "Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion - Section 3 (1) application Illegitimate children".

Are you sure that section 3 (1) is relevant here? Me and my wife have ILR and our son who is living in the UK for last seven years and he also got ILR for nearly one year so how can it be on Home Secretary's discretion?

Please clarify. I will be very grateful.
mN1 is correct applying under section 3(1) at the discretion of HO as you are applying for British citizenship. There are numerous children who fall under this section.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:15 am

It's subject to discretion (3(1)).

Child may apply at the same time as a parent's naturalisation application. However, it be better to wait until at least one parent is granted British Citizenship. Child's registration success depends on parent's naturalisation success.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Moon747
Newly Registered

Application for a child born abroad - ""Please Hel

Post by Moon747 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Many thanks guys............... especially Vinny thanks a lot for your advice.

syed8550
Newly Registered

Re: Application for child born abroad - ""Please HELP&

Post by syed8550 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:20 am

sorry for asking too much but one more question...I am applying for two daughters. for one under 1(3) and for other under 3(1). should I send two seperate MN1 with fees of £673 each 0r joint fee £1178. thanks

vinny

Re: Application for child born abroad - ""Please HELP&

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:47 am

Probably 2 MN1 applications with joint fees.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.