ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WITH A FIRST CLASS DEGREE HONOUR, WHAT CAN I DO?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rottjet2002
Newly Registered

WITH A FIRST CLASS DEGREE HONOUR, WHAT CAN I DO?

Post by rottjet2002 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:46 am

I am a Nigerian, came to The UK in 2010 to study mathematics. I am now in my finals, and will graduate with a first class degree honours.

I would like to know what i can do to remain in the UK? I have read about Graduate Entrepreneur and Exceptional Talent, but the UKBA website seems difficult for me. Could someone please advice me on what to do.

More so, I have also read loads on scholarships, but they want applicants to either be an EU National or have been resident in their home country in the last three years.

Deviser

Re: WITH A FIRST CLASS DEGREE HONOUR, WHAT CAN I DO?

Post by Deviser » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 pm

rottjet2002 wrote:I am a Nigerian, came to The UK in 2010 to study mathematics. I am now in my finals, and will graduate with a first class degree honours.

I would like to know what i can do to remain in the UK? I have read about Graduate Entrepreneur and Exceptional Talent, but the UKBA website seems difficult for me. Could someone please advice me on what to do.

More so, I have also read loads on scholarships, but they want applicants to either be an EU National or have been resident in their home country in the last three years.
I think you can only do another first class master degree. Thats it!

All other routes you are talking about are so hard to switch for a student. Thats the reason that part of UKBA website always seems difficult to students.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:06 pm

rottjet2002

I just finished my BSC here in the UK and I know a 9igerian who came out with a first class in Elec. Engineering from the same inst.! He's awesome and his average was 92%+ He got a Scholarship to start his PHD..YES PHD not even a Masters!

My main point here is that if you're really good at your Course,your Uni should be the starting point if you want to stay here! All other route would require a miracle with the news coming out (former)UKBA/Theresa May/Daily Mail..ETC..

I wish you all the best! PS..Why not give Canada a try? They have loads to offer to people like you.
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 pm

You can search some licensed sponsor who sponsor you to keep you as its employee.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Great!

Post by gj6ab5657 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Choc-Ice wrote:rottjet2002

I just finished my BSC here in the UK and I know a 9igerian who came out with a first class in Elec. Engineering from the same inst.! He's awesome and his average was 92%+ He got a Scholarship to start his PHD..YES PHD not even a Masters!

My main point here is that if you're really good at your Course,your Uni should be the starting point if you want to stay here! All other route would require a miracle with the news coming out (former)UKBA/Theresa May/Daily Mail..ETC..

I wish you all the best! PS..Why not give Canada a try? They have loads to offer to people like you.
That's right Choc-Ice, Great advise..... :)