ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smithyboy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension

Post by smithyboy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi,
Regarding the new rules that have been implemented on the Tier 2 Extension. they specified that for an extension to be approved your pay must have increased.
When new entrants apply for a renewal of their visa after three years, they must then be paid at the 25th percentile or higher.
if i am earning 27,000 a year for an engineering job, how much will i have to earn when i need to do my extension process? what do they mean by the 25th percentile what amount is that.?

Best Regards

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:29 pm

25th Percentile of the pay means,the pay should be on or above the pay drawn by 25% people doing this job in UK. It is based on statistics.
Google "Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings" for more details.

Dont confuse yourself.
If your salary requirement is now 27000 for the visa, after 3 years, the salary requirement for extension would be calculated based on inflation.
For example, this year the salary increase requirement is about £500.
So, if the inflation remains like this, after 3 years the required salary for extension will be about £28500 (roughly).
i.e. 27000 + (3*500) = 28500.

Hope tis helps.