ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN Question 2.1: Advice required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran99132

Form AN Question 2.1: Advice required

Post by imran99132 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:28 am

Hi Folks, I have found question 2.1 in form AN quite confusing. The question itslef makes sense, the date of first arrival which I gather means that the very first time one enters the UK. But then in brackets it says see page 7 of AN Guide. When you see the guide it says Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis. Now I came to uk as a student and no student comes to UK with a view to stay here on long term basis. Once I completed my degree I was granted work permit and on compeleting 5 years on WP I was granted ILR. In my SET (O) I put the date of first entry into UK as the one when I was granted WP albeit I was already in UK for a couple of years. Please advise what date of first arrival I should put in the AN form. Your advice would me much appreciated. Thanks alot.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Form AN Question 2.1: Advice required

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 am

imran99132 wrote:Hi Folks, I have found question 2.1 in form AN quite confusing. The question itslef makes sense, the date of first arrival which I gather means that the very first time one enters the UK. But then in brackets it says see page 7 of AN Guide. When you see the guide it says Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis. Now I came to uk as a student and no student comes to UK with a view to stay here on long term basis. Once I completed my degree I was granted work permit and on compeleting 5 years on WP I was granted ILR. In my SET (O) I put the date of first entry into UK as the one when I was granted WP albeit I was already in UK for a couple of years. Please advise what date of first arrival I should put in the AN form. Your advice would me much appreciated. Thanks alot.
The date you first arrived. Many students do come here wishing one day to live here or working here after study - long term basis.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:05 pm

I have applied by through NCS. I have put the date when I had come to UK on HSMP. I came to UK first on student and went back to home country to obtain Entry clearance for HSMP. So, there is 2 months gap between student visa expired and entry to UK on HSMP.
So, NCS rep advised me to put when I entered into the country on HSMP.
Is that okay?

( the application is still in process)

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:17 pm

sys_sagar wrote:I have applied by through NCS. I have put the date when I had come to UK on HSMP. I came to UK first on student and went back to home country to obtain Entry clearance for HSMP. So, there is 2 months gap between student visa expired and entry to UK on HSMP.
So, NCS rep advised me to put when I entered into the country on HSMP.
Is that okay?

( the application is still in process)
Perfectly fine.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 pm

many thanks.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks again guys, however, I have another query:

How caseworker would determine and able to match the exit and entry in UK as some of the entry stamps on the passport as very light and some are stamped on top of another ( courtesy heathrow border agency ppl) given that NCS has only send the photocopied documents and not original.

I have filled in the form correctly with entry / exit dates.