ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

revised ILR calculating continuos period in the uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

twon2is7
Newly Registered

revised ILR calculating continuos period in the uk

Post by twon2is7 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi

I am referring to this document
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

from what I can read, do I need to supply a letter from my employer detailed every trip overseas that I have made including trips for my personal annual leave?

i have letters covering all my trips for business travel and my total leave including business travel is well below the 180 day limit. In fact I will have only been out of the country for a total 8-10 weeks over five years.

can someone please confirm as I am having trouble understanding the text.

thanks!

twon2is7
Newly Registered

Post by twon2is7 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:30 pm

**bump**

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: revised ILR calculating continuos period in the uk

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:08 pm

twon2is7 wrote:Hi

I am referring to this document
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

from what I can read, do I need to supply a letter from my employer detailed every trip overseas that I have made including trips for my personal annual leave?

i have letters covering all my trips for business travel and my total leave including business travel is well below the 180 day limit. In fact I will have only been out of the country for a total 8-10 weeks over five years.

can someone please confirm as I am having trouble understanding the text.

thanks!
IMHO this is what My explanation would be. Hope it helps.

1. If you are on a 5 year visa you could apply within the 28day period before your visa expiry date.
2.If your Entry to UK is less than 90 days from the visa Issue date, then your Continuous period will start from the Entry Clearance Date to your visa Visa Expiry Date.
3. Since you have all letters regarding your Business Trips then it's o.k.
4. Your Annual Leave outside UK,should be authorized leave and you should have been paid during the period.
5. Do an Excel sheet in an date sequence clearly showing your Business trips and Annual Leave.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 pm

If you give your Immigration history,then easy to explain. Besides you have less than 180 days absence from UK, over 5 years.

twon2is7
Newly Registered

Post by twon2is7 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:35 pm

thanks for the reply.

my main concern is do I need a letter from my employer to cover my personal/holidays overseas?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:40 pm

twon2is7 wrote:thanks for the reply.

my main concern is do I need a letter from my employer to cover my personal/holidays overseas?
Please see My Points above 4 & 5. This letter is required now for Tier 1 & Tier 2 Applicants.

twon2is7
Newly Registered

Post by twon2is7 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Kevin24 wrote: Please see My Points above 4 & 5. This letter is required now for Tier 1 & Tier 2 Applicants.
Hi Kevin

Point 5: I have completed a spreadsheet and it includes all personal and business trips. Business trips are also accompanied with letters from my employer.

Point 4: What exactly does "authorised" leave mean in this context? I have had continuous leave to remain under tier 1 and was on a UK salary for each of my personal holidays.

I am still not clear on point 4. Does it mean I have to provide "evidence" that I was on paid leave for each of my personal trips AND business trip?

Any recommendations on what form should this evidence should take?

thanks for you patience in explaining this all to me.

Regards
twon2is7

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:59 pm

twon2is7 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote: Please see My Points above 4 & 5. This letter is required now for Tier 1 & Tier 2 Applicants.
Hi Kevin

Point 5: I have completed a spreadsheet and it includes all personal and business trips. Business trips are also accompanied with letters from my employer.

Point 4: What exactly does "authorised" leave mean in this context? I have had continuous leave to remain under tier 1 and was on a UK salary for each of my personal holidays.

I am still not clear on point 4. Does it mean I have to provide "evidence" that I was on paid leave for each of my personal trips AND business trip?

Any recommendations on what form should this evidence should take?

thanks for you patience in explaining this all to me.

Regards
twon2is7
If your Employer mentions in a letter that your Annual leave was part of your Annual leave entitlement and you were paid in UK during the period. That will be good.

emuser

Post by emuser » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses & is definitely helpful for me.

About my case, I am currently on Tier 1 & my ILR is due next month so i am in the process of collecting the supporting documents.

I have taken only personal leave in the last 5 years and the sum total of all my leave is between 170 to180.

In the last 5 yrs, I worked for 3 employers. So getting a letter from my current employer is possible. But getting a letter from my previous employers is difficult. But all my employment letter states that I am entitled for 28 days paid leave per year. Is that sufficient?

Thanks for the Patience.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:25 pm

emuser wrote:Hi,

Thanks for all the responses & is definitely helpful for me.

About my case, I am currently on Tier 1 & my ILR is due next month so i am in the process of collecting the supporting documents.

I have taken only personal leave in the last 5 years and the sum total of all my leave is between 170 to180.

In the last 5 yrs, I worked for 3 employers. So getting a letter from my current employer is possible. But getting a letter from my previous employers is difficult. But all my employment letter states that I am entitled for 28 days paid leave per year. Is that sufficient?

Thanks for the Patience.
It would be best if you created your own topic, to get answers to your specific questions.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:30 pm

OP, what you need is a single letter or multiple letters (if you have had multiple employers during your 5 year residence) from your employer(s) confirming the periods of time you were outside the UK on annual leave and also business trips (irrespective of the number of absences you had). You can either get these seperately, if you already have one for your business trips, or together in one letter if you haven't. No other evidence is required. There is a sticky post under this forum which contains a sample letter template.

emuser

Post by emuser » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I can get such letter from the current employer.
But cannot get the letters from the previous employers.

Is there any alternative for this?

Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:14 pm

emuser wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I can get such letter from the current employer.
But cannot get the letters from the previous employers.

Is there any alternative for this?

Thanks
Only solution is to have the payslips and corresponding Bank Statements for these periods. If asked you could produce them. This is to prove that these are paid holidays.