ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for Tier 1 independent partner

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajithmkumar
Newly Registered

Citizenship for Tier 1 independent partner

Post by ajithmkumar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi

I obtained my ILR in Nov 12. My wife is on Tier 1 visa since 4 years and her ILR is due in Apr 2014. I am planning to apply for British citizenship this Dec.

Can you please advise a best route for us to apply citizenship together?

Many Thanks
Ajith

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship for Tier 1 independent partner

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:43 pm

ajithmkumar wrote:Hi

I obtained my ILR in Nov 12. My wife is on Tier 1 visa since 4 years and her ILR is due in Apr 2014. I am planning to apply for British citizenship this Dec.

Can you please advise a best route for us to apply citizenship together?

Many Thanks
Ajith
To apply together your wife would have to wait 12 months on ilr. Although they may be discretion for the caseworker to accept it joint before this it's not guaranteed. However, the quickest route would be you apply and become a bc before your wife gets ILR and then your wife can apply for naturalisation as soon as she's granted ILR providing she meets other eligibility.