ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application - Doubt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mguy
Newly Registered

BC application - Doubt

Post by mguy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just have a query regarding BC application, Now I know the rules state that one can only apply for BC after staying on ILR for a year,I'm applying on the basis of 5 years WP, Now the question is I was eligible to apply for BC on Nov 2012 had things gone according to plan in Nov 2011(when i first made my ILR application) but since i had some complications at the time of application and after a lot of saga I was finally granted ILR in Oct 2012.I would like to know if I can go ahead and apply for BC now as I was reading the below mentioned link :-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Section 6 subsection (g) seems relevant to me as it fits the bill exactly, the fact that an incorrect decision was made initially but this was then proved to be wrong and had the correct decision been made at the outset the applicant could've applied sooner. I understand this is purely a matter of discretion for the CW, However I would also like to know if there was any such case as this previously and also as to what you guys think, whether....

(a) Apply for BC now and keep my fingers crossed.
(b) Apply for BC in October(The safe route).
(c) Apply for BC now and if it takes time withdraw the application and reapply in October (I know that it will cost me) but is it possible?
I would also like to know if im applying through my solicitor whether i still have to send off my passport or can they just verify it like the NCS do and send the application without the passport.
Apologies for the long post and thank you for taking time to read this and Happy Easter to everyone in advance!

cobra

Re: BC application - Doubt

Post by cobra » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:44 pm

(a) Apply for BC now and keep my fingers crossed.
I WILL CALL IT BINGO
(b) Apply for BC in October(The safe route).
BEST THING TO DO
(c) Apply for BC now and if it takes time withdraw the application and reapply in October (I know that it will cost me) but is it possible?
YES, POSSIBLE TO APPLY OR RE-APPLY B/C ANYTIME. BUT VERY RISKY RIGHT NOW
I would also like to know if im applying through my solicitor whether i still have to send off my passport or can they just verify it like the NCS do and send the application without the passport.
USUALLY SOLICITOR WILL TAKE YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS AND SENT IT TO THE HOME OFFICE WHEN APPLYING FOR B/C.
[/quote]

mguy
Newly Registered

Post by mguy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Hey,

Thanks for your reply but you have mentioned that in the event of submitting an application for BC now and if it takes long, withdrawing the original application and resubmitting it again is a risky process, could you please state as to why is that so? Thanks once again.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:35 pm

mguy wrote:Thanks for your reply but you have mentioned that in the event of submitting an application for BC now and if it takes long, withdrawing the original application and resubmitting it again is a risky process, could you please state as to why is that so?
1. Mr cobra didn't say that withdrawing and resubmitting would be risky. He said that submitting right now would be risky.
2. Withdrawing and resubmitting an application was discussed recently: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=124763.

mguy
Newly Registered

Post by mguy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:38 pm

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, that link provided was useful, sad thing is it still doesn't give me a closure! Now assuming that I am going to go ahead with the application through my solicitor is that for real that the solicitor has to send of the passport with the application because I was of the opinion that if the NCS can do it perhaps the solicitor can do as well,because atleast then I wouldn't be in a situation whereby I will have to wait for ages without my passport.Once again thank you all for taking your time to reply to my posts.
Much Obliged !

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:21 pm

mguy wrote:Now assuming that I am going to go ahead with the application through my solicitor is that for real that the solicitor has to send of the passport with the application because I was of the opinion that if the NCS can do it perhaps the solicitor can do as well,because atleast then I wouldn't be in a situation whereby I will have to wait for ages without my passport.
Well, in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ngservice/ under Applying through an agent or representative it does say "You should submit original documents". But why not ask your solicitor directly?

mguy
Newly Registered

Post by mguy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for the link!