ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1-Son born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Galaxycpw
Newly Registered

MN1-Son born abroad

Post by Galaxycpw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:00 am

Hi All,

I am bit confused regarding my Son's MN1 . He was born in India. Both my wife and my Son came to UK on PR dependent visas. But since they could not complete their 2years as they came late to the country and so extended their visas on the same PR dependent. And then my wife got ILR after she completed 2yrs. I am with British Passport. But I did not apply ILR fro my son with my wife assuming that I can apply directly for MN1 since my wife(mother) on ILR and myself(Father) with British Passport.

Now I am hearing mixed voices that even my son has to hav ILR inorder to go with MN1

Please guys can you guide me what to do. Should I go with ILR and then MN1 or directly with MN1

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:04 am

It's subject to discretion (3(1)).

ILR and then MN1 may be less risky.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Galaxycpw
Newly Registered

Post by Galaxycpw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:03 pm

vinny wrote:It's subject to discretion (3(1)).

ILR and then MN1 may be less risky.

Hi Vinny,

On what basis do you think they will refuse MN1 incase if I apply MN1 directly without applying ILR.?

Coz I went to hounslow ncs. Before taking my application they checked with homeoffice and they clearly said that my son need to have ILR otherwise it will be rejected. Should I take that has final and go with ILR. The only reason whts worrying me is the money...

If I have to apply ILR for my son, what form do I need to use? Is it set(f)??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Yes. SET(F).

Do read the previous given links.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Galaxycpw
Newly Registered

Post by Galaxycpw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 pm

vinny wrote:Yes. SET(F).

Do read the previous given links.

Hounslow NCS called Homeoffice regarding my son's MN1 and they said the minor need to have ILR.