ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Exprience - for an extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nafe12

UK Exprience - for an extension

Post by nafe12 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Question - does UK Experience only apply to NEW applications -- not extensions?

In section K of the Tier 1 (G) form, it says:
Before filling in this section of the form, you should refer to the Immigration Rules and the Tier 1 (General) of the points based system Policy Guidance.

K1. You should confirm whether you wish to claim points for your UK experience: ....

In the guidance it says:
Claiming points – initial applications only
However, the points calculator seems to allow points for UK experience....

Any idea on the ambiguity?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 pm

I haven't seen the latest application form, but do recall seeing a statement which caused ambiguity in the past.

I can however confirm that UK experience points can be claimed during extensions as well as initial applications. I have done both during the last few years.

sai_tata
Newly Registered

Post by sai_tata » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:49 pm

cs95tdg wrote:I haven't seen the latest application form, but do recall seeing a statement which caused ambiguity in the past.

I can however confirm that UK experience points can be claimed during extensions as well as initial applications. I have done both during the last few years.
Hi cs95tdg

I am in the same boat as the OP. My take is, if someone was eligible for UK experience during their initial application then (if things are the same) they would still be eligible during their extension.

In my case, my first application was made from out of country in 2010. Then I was not eligible to claim UK experience. My question is, now for my extension can I claim points?

thanks in advance
-st

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: UK Exprience - for an extension

Post by mulderpf » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:35 pm

nafe12 wrote:Question - does UK Experience only apply to NEW applications -- not extensions?

Before filling in this section of the form, you should refer to the Immigration Rules and the Tier 1 (General) of the points based system Policy Guidance.

K1. You should confirm whether you wish to claim points for your UK experience: ....

In the guidance it says:

There is no ambiguity. Paragraph 122 to 125 only applies to initial applications. For leave to remain, you need to read the other headings and choose the one which applies to you. (The UK experience section has three sub-sections - you need to read the applicable one only).

sai_tata, read the applicable sections of the guidance.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

pt100

Post by pt100 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:49 am

Hi

In your application for extension, you can claim points for UK experience if more than £25,000 of earnings made during the period of assessment were made in the UK.

Please see the link below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... xperience/

It does not speak of how points are allocated for UK experience in initial applications as the scheme has closed and there will not be any initial applications any more.

In my case, during the initial application, I claimed points for UK experience as I had received a Master's degree in the UK in the five years before the application.

Hope this helps,

Prashant

ukswus

Re: UK Exprience - for an extension

Post by ukswus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:27 am

nafe12 wrote:Question - does UK Experience only apply to NEW applications -- not extensions?

In the guidance it says:

There are no new applications anymore. Only extensions are allowed. And yes, you can claim points for experience (which I did during my previous extension).

sai_tata
Newly Registered

Re: UK Experience - for an extension

Post by sai_tata » Mon May 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Thanks all for your suggestions. I made a successful extension application at Croydon PEO and was able to claim 5 points for UK experience, even though I was not eligible for it during my initial application.

Weird thing though, my initial application was made under rules in place before 6 Apr 2010 and so I was not able to claim points for age. For the extension, even though I did not claim points for age, I was awarded points for it. The CW mentioned in the approval letter I am eligible for age points as my initial leave was granted after 6 Apr 2010.

At this point I am not sure I fully understand UKBA rules but will wait to see the expiry date on the BRP.

-s

sai_tata
Newly Registered

Re: UK Experience - for an extension

Post by sai_tata » Mon May 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Isn't this an awesome forum, I already see another doubter like me :)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=133613

-s