ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JoILR
Newly Registered

ILR approved!

Post by JoILR » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 am

Hi all,

I am happy to share my good news that my ILR has been approved! I received the approval letter and my passport on last Saturday 30/03/2013 and the approval letter dated last Tuesday 26/03/2013. I am waiting for my biometric permit. I'm over the moon coz I thought I would have to cancel my holiday to Egypt in 3 weeks time.

Just a couple of things that I want to mention:
1) I read an old post saying it might help sending a special delivery bag as a return envelope, so I did send one after I've done my biometric enrollment. However, when I got my documents back, they returned the special delivery bag unused. Oh well, I can use it for something else perhaps.
2) Another thing is that the passports and other docs were sent back to me as a "signed for" post, but it was delivered through my letter box even though there was no one at home to sign for it on Saturday.

Here is my timeline again.

Category: Set (O) 10 year residency
Application sent: 08/12/2012
Acknowledgment dated: 11/12/2012
Biometric Invitation dated: 22/01/2013
Biometric Given on: 26/01/2013
ILR Approval letter dated: 26/03/2013
ILR Approval letter received on: 30/03/2013
BRP received on: Waiting

I was going to put in my citizenship application before the fee goes up on 6th April (I can apply straight after my ILR coz of marriage to British Citizen), but there was no appointment available in any of the 3 locations near my house until 15th April :-( I'll have to pay £22 more then.

Good luck to you all.

Jo :D

Kvakas
Newly Registered

Reply Urgent

Post by Kvakas » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Brother Congratulations.
Please let us know the document list your provided to UKBA and Did you apply on your own or with a lawer.