ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 and Long 10 Year residence - Plz Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anas123456789
BANNED

Tier 2 and Long 10 Year residence - Plz Help

Post by anas123456789 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 pm

I have asked this question on this forum before but i am asking it again and try to explain myself better in this thread so i can receive good advice.

This is my situation

Lived in UK legally and i have never breached any immigration rule. In November 2010, i was given a tier 2 visa for three years until November 2013. However In July 2012 i lost my Job and my last day of work was 14th July. I then left UK on 8th August 2012.

On 25th Jan 2013 i have entered UK on fresh entry clearance on student visa.

now i have 2 questions?

On this new student visa i will be able to complete my 10 years so will i be able to apply for ILR?

After i lost my job in july i stayed in uk for further 25 days after the last day of work so will this break my continous residence?

i have asked this from UKBA and i have made them many calls and spoke to different people and thier response is mixed.

i think i didnt break my residence while i was abroad since i left uk while i was on valid leave to remain and i reentered uk within 6 months.

according to page 17 of ukba guidance, i am fine http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

plz advise and tell me what to do.

many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 am

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.