ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Westminster?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GD78

NCS Westminster?

Post by GD78 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Has anyone used the services of NCS Westminster?

If so, how was there service? Did they use their own payment slip for the AN form?

Do they also give you a tracking number for the delivery of the application?

ukcitizen13

NCS Westminster

Post by ukcitizen13 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm

I attended my NCS appointment at Westminster last week.

The person was very professional and polite.

You need to keep the AN1 form and payment slip ready.

They gave the package number but I have not looked into that yet though payment has gone from my account today.

Make sure you take your LIUK pass certificate with you.

the_ilr_boy
Newly Registered

Post by the_ilr_boy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:37 am

I attended on 08/03 - same as above, nice and simple.

They send same day and provide you Royal Mail tracking number which it seems some NCS don't.

I had a morning appointment at 9:30, but was seen at 09:20 when I arrived so recommend them.

Good luck!

GD78

Post by GD78 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks very much for the helpful replies. My appointment is booked for a few weeks from now and its in the morning as well.

I'll have my application and payment slip all completed before I go in. I want to pay by cheque for the AN form but the guy on the phone recommended to pay using a debit card as its quicker.

Which option (cheque or debit/credit card) did you go for?

the_ilr_boy
Newly Registered

Post by the_ilr_boy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:38 am

I paid with a debit card - I assume that if you pay with a cheque they would need to wait for it to clear until they accept the application. Not sure that is the case but what I would assume.

GD78

Post by GD78 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks...yeah I think that's what the guy meant...for the cheque taking time to clear and the application wouldn't be looked at until the funds transferred through. I'll pay via my HSBC debit card but just worried in case the bank blocks it as its a large payment...

Did they ask you for a payment slip or did they have one too?

The fees are changing next week and UKBA haven't yet published the new payment slips to reflect that...so that's I was wondering in case they also have their own versions as other NCS localities do?

loki32
Newly Registered

Payment slip from 6 Apr 13

Post by loki32 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:01 pm

GD78 wrote:Thanks...yeah I think that's what the guy meant...for the cheque taking time to clear and the application wouldn't be looked at until the funds transferred through. I'll pay via my HSBC debit card but just worried in case the bank blocks it as its a large payment...

Did they ask you for a payment slip or did they have one too?

The fees are changing next week and UKBA haven't yet published the new payment slips to reflect that...so that's I was wondering in case they also have their own versions as other NCS localities do?
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... -fees2.pdf

Payment slip is just the same, they only changed the date on page 1

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:53 pm

GD78 wrote: I'll pay via my HSBC debit card but just worried in case the bank blocks it as its a large payment...
contact your bank before appointment and let them know that you expecting payment in couple of weeks for about £900 and they should mark it on the account. thats what I have done and my payment went through with no problems from my credit card (last year while buying camcorder and paying through paypal I had the phone call from the bank if I made the transaction (it was about £800).if I did`t confirm they would reject it.

GD78

Post by GD78 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:38 am

Thanks a lot for the help y'all. The new link is quite helpful and I'll definitely ring the bank and inform them of the impending transaction closer to the time.