ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application in Nigeria - DropBox or Courier

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DollyPop
Newly Registered

EC Application in Nigeria - DropBox or Courier

Post by DollyPop » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:17 pm

Dear All,

I am about to apply for the EC in Nigeria, but I need to know what method to use, either the newly-introduced Courier service, or to use drop-box.

I travelled to England/Scotland a few months ago, and I hold a valid visitor's visa to UK. :roll:

I need to confirm if anyone has used the drop-box option to apply for HSMP entry clearance from Nigeria.

Kindly advise. :?:

Thank you.

DollyPop
Newly Registered

Finaly got EC in Nigeria

Post by DollyPop » Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:01 pm

Dear all,

I finally got my EC stamped after having to re-apply :D .

I had applied under the drop-box in Nigeria, only for it to be returned after two weeks as 'Not Qualified for Drop-Box', despite holding a valid visitor's visa as at the time of application :( .

I'll leave for Aberdeen on 25th September.

This forum has been of tremendous help, although I feel ignored, 'cos no one responded to my earlier question, maybe I'd have saved the two weeks of waiting :? .

And for this chest XRay thing, can we confirm the exact requirements, and can anyone give me a link to where they requested for stuff to carry when coming in to the UK as an immigrant?

Good luck to y'all .

------------------------------------

God's House
Newly Registered

Post by God's House » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:29 pm

Heh DollyPop,

first of all, congratulations!
don't take offence that no one replied your query. they can't reply if they don't have the answers you seek. Only Papafaith to my knowledge, has gone thru this forum to the UK and he did not use a dropbox to my knowledge. So no one had your answer!

Please tell me your reference number, and when you applied and when you got your reply, and did you send your docs to london or back to nigeria; thinking in terms of safety of the documentation. Did you ask for special courier for the decision letter or straight to nigeria?

and by the way, why Aberdeen? why not London?

I'm in canada but on this forum cos of my fiance.

once again, congratulations!!

Boom05

How was it

Post by Boom05 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:25 pm

Hi Dollypop,

I am applying from Nigeria too. Can you pls intimate us of how you went thru all the process. Cheers
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !