ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent's visa help Please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Dependent's visa help Please

Post by nadnan09 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:34 am

I am work permit holder and recently had a new born and i was about to apply for her dependents visa. Unfortunately my mother- in-law fell seriously ill.. she had to urgently fly with the new born along with my 4 yr old son to India.

Now she wants to come back to join but found out that new born requires a visa to london. My extension visa is due for renewal in Aug 07.

Can i apply for extension with my passport here in U.K. ? my wife and son have visa but new born does not have. What is the best way forward to obatin an early visa for new born so that they can join me.
I am bit scared to learn that if i apply from India , chances are that my new born may not get the visa due to the strict rules of home office. I am dead confused, please please can someone give suggestions...

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent's visa help Please

Post by samkma » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:07 pm

nadnan09 wrote:I am work permit holder and recently had a new born and i was about to apply for her dependents visa. Unfortunately my mother- in-law fell seriously ill.. she had to urgently fly with the new born along with my 4 yr old son to India.

Now she wants to come back to join but found out that new born requires a visa to london. My extension visa is due for renewal in Aug 07.

Can i apply for extension with my passport here in U.K. ? my wife and son have visa but new born does not have. What is the best way forward to obatin an early visa for new born so that they can join me.
I am bit scared to learn that if i apply from India , chances are that my new born may not get the visa due to the strict rules of home office. I am dead confused, please please can someone give suggestions...
Hello nadnan,
Welcome to the forum. First you have posted in the wrong thread, this must go to the family members section anyway the Admin will move it there soon.
In regard to the dependent visa for your child, there is no problem in applying in India if you have the supporting documents as Tenancy agreement, proof of funds, copy of your leave to remain and the work permit.