ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application submission experience

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

Visa application submission experience

Post by stitaprajna » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:17 pm

I submitted for the visa 'dependent of a settled person' from VFS Bangalore.
Few points that may help others while preparing the submission:

1. They do not care the order in which you place the documents. VFS will keep in their own order and they might mix up lot of documents. Also, they removed the documents from the transparent file sheets. So, you better staple the documents so that due to they mixing it up, the individual pages of various documents do not jumble.

2. I had put all the photos in an album and inserted paper labels. They asked me to remove the photos from the album and submit without album. So all the hard work was waste of time.

3. The passport size photo for the visa by a popular studio specifically taken for UK visa was rejected saying shoulder is not fully visible. I re-took the photos in the photo booth (4 photos/100 Rs.)

The actual submission was very quick and it was a good experience. The AC was too cold and had to request them to reduce and they did reduce and that was very nice of them.

Hope this helps.
Many Thanks,
Stit

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Re: Visa application submission experience

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 am

Hi Stitaprajna ,

Thanks for sharing your Visa application submission experience.

I am planning to apply in two weeks time at VFS HYD and could you please answer by below questions :

1. The bank statements i am submitting will have last transaction of March 31st and I am planning to submit the application on April 22nd . Will this be an issue although they fall under 28 days ?

2. I have not started filling the ONLINE application , How likely is that i will get a application submission slot at VFS HYD on April 22nd ?

Thank you ,
Firefly