ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary received 10 days in advance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mkrauf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Salary received 10 days in advance

Post by mkrauf » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi
I work for a bank and we receive salary on 20th of every month.
My current visa is expiring on 1st Sept so I have to apply before that date.

My Aug salary will be credited into my account on 20th of Aug and I can apply after 21st of Aug.

My question is that the salary in Aug will be for the entire month of Aug and I will receive it on 20th, but I will be applying before the end of month.

Will this create any problems in terms of completing full 12 months? because if I use old salary I will be short of income requirements and will have to work overtime to cover it.

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:00 pm

you can start your qualifying period from mid month something like

21-sep-2012 to 20-sep-2013

when i applied for my initial application i did the same and it worked, but with ukba u can nvr b sure :)

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:11 am

You get to specify the dates on the form for your 12-month period. As far as I understand it, the UKBA only looks at when you received the funds, because they have no notion of "earning" them. I was in a similar position: paid on the 25th, but it's for the whole month. I used the 25th as my period date and there was no trouble.

mkrauf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mkrauf » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks guys

I am also thinking to specify dates starting from 20th.

Actually I was worried about the concept of unearned earnings, but since its not very clear in guidelines I will try to use dates as per my requirements.