ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Petition to reform new UKBA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RScorpio

E-Petition to reform new UKBA

Post by RScorpio » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:56 pm

TNT Magazine have launched an e-petition on the HM Government website to carry out major reforms and improve on the shambolic service which UKBA provides for visa services.

Their proposal makes a lot of sense and TNT wants the UKBA to change the way UKBA (or the new organization soon to be created) treats visa applicants so that:

✔ Every applicant receives correspondence when an application has been received
✔ Advice is then sent to all applicants detailing the process system and what it means for those wanting
to work or travel
✔ Every applicant gets access to an emergency helpline which they can call for updates at any time, not only after six months
✔ The target for processing visas for those based in the UK who are eligible to work is reduced to three months
✔ A full refund is offered to applicants if their application takes longer than the target time if it is due to UKBA incompetency
✔ The amount of premium service appointments is increased – and a full refund is offered to applicants if the UKBA doesn’t adhere to the allotted 24-hour timescale
✔ Applicants wishing to extend visas to stay in the UK can do so before the ‘28 days before expiry’ deadline

This e-petition needs your SUPPORT and Immigrationboards is the best place to get this, hence I am putting this up here. I am sure all of you will agree that this positive change is urgently required and warranted.

The epetition is put up on http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46771.

The TNT article can be accessed at http://www.tntmagazine.com/expat-life/v ... ba-reforms

I urge the mods to make this thread sticky so that this doesn't get lost in the hundreds of threads and can always be accessed.