ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How Long Passport Held?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

northcave

How Long Passport Held?

Post by northcave » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:12 pm

When applying for the ILR I know that many people say it takes the full 6 months but do they hold your passport for that full time even if they have all the biometric registration also and another valid visa to remain?

Finally if you do get it back within the 6 months, are you able to travel during that period?

Many thanks!

Tim
Last edited by northcave on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gmx

Re: Hold Long Passport Held?

Post by gmx » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:26 pm

Yes, they hold on to your passport for that period until you get your approval and they return all your documents.

At least that's what I'm going through now....
northcave wrote:When applying for the ILR I know that many people say it takes the full 6 months but do they hold your passport for that full time even if they have all the biometric registration also and another valid visa to remain?

Finally if you do get it back within the 6 months, are you able to travel during that period?

Many thanks!

Tim