ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS Work start date is in future, want to apply now, help?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sujnshrestha
Newly Registered

COS Work start date is in future, want to apply now, help?

Post by sujnshrestha » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi friends, I have a problem. According to my COS, my work start date is in december 2013, that is when my visa expires.
But i am working for same company at present and want to switch to tier 2 now.
Since the gap between current date and start date is 8 month, should the work start date matches the application date or it is fine.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: COS Work start date is in future, want to apply now, hel

Post by makky86 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:00 pm

sujnshrestha wrote:Hi friends, I have a problem. According to my COS, my work start date is in december 2013, that is when my visa expires.
Since the gap between current date and start date is 8 month, should the work start date matches the application date or it is fine.
Why did your company assign the COS so early? COS is only valid for 3 months so they will need to get a new one.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

ct1209
Newly Registered

Post by ct1209 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:19 pm

Don't worry @sujnshrestha

Work start date is actually the next date when ur current visa expires, which is correct in your case,

Please refer to Page 12

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:45 pm

ct1209 wrote:Don't worry @sujnshrestha

Work start date is actually the next date when ur current visa expires, which is correct in your case,

Please refer to Page 12

Hi, so if sujnshrestha applied for tier 2 visa now with the Cos mentioning work start date dec'13, then 3 years visa will start from now or dec'13 ???

ct1209
Newly Registered

Post by ct1209 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:12 pm

@janinah

It would start from dec 2013, i.e. the next day when the previous visa expires irrespective of when the application is made

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 pm

ct1209 wrote:@janinah

It would start from dec 2013, i.e. the next day when the previous visa expires irrespective of when the application is made
Ok... If this is the case... Then,

Say his current sallary £18,000 & according to COS £20,000. So, when is contract start ? What will be his sallary after he get the visa £18,000 or £20,000 ?

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Another point, what will be his visa status during now and dec'13 ??? Say current visa status psw or tier 2 ???? And, will he get new bio metric ??? What will be visa status & period there as well ????

sujnshrestha
Newly Registered

Re: COS Work start date is in future, want to apply now, hel

Post by sujnshrestha » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
sujnshrestha wrote:Hi friends, I have a problem. According to my COS, my work start date is in december 2013, that is when my visa expires.
Why did your company assign the COS so early? COS is only valid for 3 months so they will need to get a new one.
Company issued COS early because of the rule that is going to be in action after 6th of april, and they want me to apply sooner.

sujnshrestha
Newly Registered

Post by sujnshrestha » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:33 pm

ct1209 wrote:Don't worry @sujnshrestha

Please refer to Page 12

Thanks a lot for your reply:)

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Can anyone answer to my above queries ????

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 am

U can't apply 3 months before ur start date and cos will be valid for 3 months from being issued . Not sure what impact it ll have if u apply now. Assuming the above I would say get a new start date possibly June and apply

sujnshrestha
Newly Registered

Post by sujnshrestha » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Thanks guys, according to guidelines for sponsorship certificate 'if i am already working for the company, start date should be expiry date of my visa'. I want to apply right now because of new change in rule.

anyways, i have lodged my application 4th April. lets see what happens. hope everything goes well.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:43 am

sujnshrestha wrote:Thanks guys, according to guidelines for sponsorship certificate 'if i am already working for the company, start date should be expiry date of my visa'. I want to apply right now because of new change in rule.

anyways, i have lodged my application 4th April. lets see what happens. hope everything goes well.
Good.... Please give your update news... My scenario almost same... My visa gonna expired in feb'14. But I am looking to renew my visa by switching from PSW to tier 2 in June'13 from my existing employer.....

Thanks