ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa - original documents returned by VAC

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali_asad_pk

Family visit visa - original documents returned by VAC

Post by ali_asad_pk » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi

my parents applied for 6 month visit visa and I am their main sponsor but VAC Lahore (Pakistan) has asked them to submit photocopies of all originals and returned all original back to them like my salary slips, bank statements etc etc.

As far as I am aware, British High Commission, always take originals to make a decision as not providing originals could mean visa being refused but here VAC refused to take original and just kept photocopies

I mentioned in cover letter that we are submitting original bank statements, employer letter and pay slips

I read on forum somewhere (on this forum, can not remember post now and could not find in search) that someone's visa was refused because originals were not there and they faced same situation that VAC returned original and then they had to go in appeal etc etc

Does any one has an idea about this? or can you shed some light as what to do? Can I send an email or fax to UKBA or any embassy of UK to highlight the fact as I want to avoid situation of going into appeal for silly minor reason

Many thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:30 pm

VFS, in India, compares copies against originals and returns the original upfront.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks,

yes someone else also confirmed same to me for Pakistan also

its been while since I last applied someone from overseas so I was little surprised, they might have changed procedure as there were lot of complaints about missing original documents

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:47 am

I remember once VAC Islamabad staff checked originals by themselves for my parents visa and then kept only copies and returned originals. So it is not abnormal, I am sure their applications will be fine. Later someone else applied and they told me VAC kept originals as well. UKBA policy however changes time to time. Staff always act as they are advised to. So don't worry about this.
lets get together for migrants' rights