ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET M PEO SERVICES

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YoumeUs4ever
Newly Registered

ILR SET M PEO SERVICES

Post by YoumeUs4ever » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi all , I came to uk 2nd may 2011 with my wife visa , *spouse*

I Booked an appoitment via Peo Services for 3rd May 2013 is that right date for apply ilr ?

i have read at ukba web site it does says Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your 2-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application and we will not refund the fee. However, you must apply before your current permission to remain in the UK ends.

Please if anyone is know 3rd may will be ok to aplly ? I dont want to pay 1400 pound again if they gancel my apllication
thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET M PEO SERVICES

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:29 pm

YoumeUs4ever wrote:Hi all , I came to uk 2nd may 2011 with my wife visa , *spouse*

I Booked an appoitment via Peo Services for 3rd May 2013 is that right date for apply ilr ?

i have read at ukba web site it does says Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your 2-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application and we will not refund the fee. However, you must apply before your current permission to remain in the UK ends.

Please if anyone is know 3rd may will be ok to aplly ? I dont want to pay 1400 pound again if they gancel my apllication
thanks
You can apply for SET(m) from 28 days before your FLR(m) leave expires. I say this because the expiry of your FLR(m) will be when your current 2 year leave is up. What is the expiry of your FLR(m)?

YoumeUs4ever
Newly Registered

Post by YoumeUs4ever » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:34 pm

hi mate , I came 2nd May 2011 3rd may 2013 will be 2 years 1 day , So can I aplly this date ? Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:39 pm

YoumeUs4ever wrote:hi mate , I came 2nd May 2011 3rd may 2013 will be 2 years 1 day , So can I aplly this date ? Thanks
You should apply before your leave ends! Can you not get an appointment before hand? However, they should accept the application as long as it is within 28 days of the leave ending. Though, you are having a PEO appointment so do not take the risk make the appointment before your leave ends.

lolainkent

Re: ILR SET M PEO SERVICES

Post by lolainkent » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:34 pm

YoumeUs4ever wrote:Hi all , I came to uk 2nd may 2011 with my wife visa , *spouse*

thanks
What is the expiry date on your actual Visa? I entered to the UK August 31/2010 but my actual Visa said it expired Nov 28/2012 so I applied in November. I always thought you had from 28 days before the end of the 2 year period up until the date of Visa expiry so I think it depends on when yours expires.

YoumeUs4ever
Newly Registered

Post by YoumeUs4ever » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:07 pm

hi thank u all for helps , Yes My visa expiry july 2013 I am just confused really , My wife here says I can apply 3rd may , i live in uk 2 years and i will be able to apply 3rd may 2013 , I dont know if she right or wrong just need ur helps please thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:18 pm

You can apply 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of the date you entered the UK on your spouse visa. i.e you could have applied anytime from the 2nd April...and must apply before your visa expires. The day you have booked will be fine.

YoumeUs4ever
Newly Registered

Post by YoumeUs4ever » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Casa wrote:You can apply 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of the date you entered the UK on your spouse visa. i.e you could have applied anytime from the 2nd April...and must apply before your visa expires. The day you have booked will be fine.
My wife here she says exactly same things , So You Think I will be ok for 2nd may to apply for ilr than , Thank you verry Much Guys Really this web site verry helpfull , Thank you all

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:34 pm

100% sure.

laurasgarden
Newly Registered

Post by laurasgarden » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Hello everyone!
I've got one for all of you. I was just as confused about the 28 day thing as well. But I spoke with someone at the Settlement Checking Service in my borough (for a sort of reasonable fee they will check your docs before you send them to the UKBA) and they told me that you can apply more than 28 days before you are meant to apply for permanent leave to remain.
What I didn't ask him was how long before.
I entered June 14th, 2011. But my spousal visa says it good from June 1st, 2011 until Sept. 1st, 2013. I never use my current visa, especially since it's in a canceled passport. (Side note: I had to get my name changed to my new married name and didn't want to pay £250 just to have my valid visa in a valid passport when my visa still worked just as good in my old canceled passport.). I was paying more attention to the actual time I've been here and not to what was on my visa. My lawyer at the time of processing my temp residency clearly told my husband and I that the 24 month time clock to be able to apply for my permanent residency visa started ticking the day I first got my spousal entry visa stamped upon entering the UK.
So now i'm really confused. Am I missing something here? Do I go with the time frame of how long I've actually been here? Or apply later in July around the time my visa says it will expire. I really don't want to do the latter because I have planned my life, my summer and mypossible fall around not being able to leave. And of course had made definite plans to see my family in America whom I haven't seen in 2 years during the holidays.
And of course, UKBA is no help AND they just recently "advised" all employees of any Settlement Checking Service to not give any advice over the phone anymore. They are like robots now reciting that unhelpful UKBA 'hotline' number that never helps anybody.
Does anybody out there know how I should proceed? Any advice is very much appreciated!!

donalds
Newly Registered

Post by donalds » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Its good that your concern has settled well, and i must say that this forum thread would have helped a lot many people regarding their visa applications.