ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Ext Appl (for Work Permit)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cheated

HSMP Ext Appl (for Work Permit)

Post by Cheated » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:23 am

Hi

I've been asked by my company to get a HSMP Refusal letter so they can apply for a Work permit. Naturally I just can't stretch myself to the 75 points.

I am due for extension in March, 2007 after having completed nine months with a company in the UK. (My HSMP visa was for 12 months).

This will help my company get those 'advt waivers' etc due to the transitional arrangements.

I would like to know if anyone has done/is doing this 'terrible and stressful' act of making an HSMP extension with the intention of get a refusal letter and what are the requirements.

For example, my IELTS exam is more than three years old and should I do another IELTS just to fail my HSMP?

Would like to hear from those who are doing this transition for the sake of getting a refusal.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:46 pm

the IELTS exam doesnt have to be within past 2 years - for HSMP extensions

what have HO had to say on the phone about this process Cheated ?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:03 pm

if you cant stretch upto 75 points, Just submit the evidence you have and still claim 75 points. They will naturally give you a refusal letter and you can use that for your work-permit.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:51 pm

Under new rules its very easy to intentionally get rejection by Home office which will ask you to arrange for a work permitt. But there is a twist also
Your time in UK will start from zero (if you switch to work permitt). Secondly you need to be in employment with this employer from last 8 months at the time of your application. But bear in mind in your case they will just waive the Advertisement requirement. but you will have to fulfill all other req of work permitt.

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:14 am

Just proceed as normal... submit the completed form with all the required evidences (even though they not equate to 75pts).

From what I've known from others, after the submission and review by HO (payment cleared of course), they will send a letter informing you that your extension has been rejected and that you are given 28days to switch to WP.