ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - switch from spouse visa applied before july 9 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rwatanabe
Newly Registered

ILR - switch from spouse visa applied before july 9 2012

Post by rwatanabe » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm just trying to get my head round this.

- I applied for Spouse visa before 9 July 2012
- I received my spouse visa after 9 July 2012 (Feb 2013) and the length given is 2 years

Now the question so when I come to applying for the ILR, will they consider this by the rules that were in place before july 9 2012? In other words, would i be able to apply for the ILR after two years rather than the new 5 year rule?

I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me with this question

Thank you!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - switch from spouse visa applied before july 9 2012

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:39 pm

rwatanabe wrote:I'm just trying to get my head round this.

- I received my spouse visa after 9 July 2012 (Feb 2013) and the length given is 2 years

Now the question so when I come to applying for the ILR, will they consider this by the rules that were in place before july 9 2012? In other words, would i be able to apply for the ILR after two years rather than the new 5 year rule?

Thank you!
I assume your were on a family route visa before your application? Did you have to show an £18k annual salary?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR - switch from spouse visa applied before july 9 2012

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:17 pm

rwatanabe wrote:I'm just trying to get my head round this.

Thank you!
you can apply 28 days before you complete your two years.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:58 am

I think you are on the old rules because under the new rules your visa would have been given for 3 years initially. When you got your spouse visa did they not send you a letter telling you when you can apply for ILR?
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:03 am

Regardless of when UKBA took the decision on your application, as long as the application was made under the old rules, old rules apply to you.
Goodluck.