ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Switching between couple

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arts99
United Kingdom

HSMP Switching between couple

Post by arts99 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 am

Hi,

I was just wondering about a situation in which HSMP was granted on the basis of experience and qualification of one partner however at the time of extension the other partner who initially was dependant now earns more and qualifies for the HSMP extension and not the actual person who got the HSMP.

Would it be allowed? and will it effect the ILR clock in anyway.

Please advise.

Thank you

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:07 pm

Not possible !

But yes, points permitting the spouse can now apply for initial HSMP approval and then for the HSMP visa (EC). Please note that in doing so ths spouse will have to return to home country to apply for EC 'cause dependents cannot switch in-country. This done and once the "new" HSMP holder returns to UK, the "exisitng" HSMP holder can switch to "dependent" status in-country.

regards

arts99
United Kingdom

Post by arts99 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:21 pm

Thank you for your reply.

What about the ILR clock. Will it start afresh or would the period spent in the past would be counted?

Thank you

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:34 am

ILR clock will start afresh
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.