ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences consistent with employment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonbca

Absences consistent with employment

Post by jonbca » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:26 am

I'm working towards ILR on a Tier 1 General visa. The rule change that goes into effect today requiring all Tier 1 General absences to be explained, even non-compassionate ones, slightly concerns me.

I feel a bit silly for asking this question, but I don't want to accidentally break my residency. I appreciate that nobody knows how the rule may be applied, but the same one has been in effect for Tier 2 since December, so maybe there's some experience? What might happen in the following situations?

- A bank-holiday-weekend trip to Europe for a short vacation? Not technically during paid annual leave?

- A couple of days of leave added on to a normal weekend for a short break abroad?

- A business trip with some additional paid leave for tourism?

- Living on the South Coast, paying a day trip or short weekend break to France WITHOUT taking any paid annual leave?

- Working in my UK job remotely (tele-commuting) from Canada for two weeks because my sister-in-law just had a baby?

Furthermore, what form does the employer letter have to take? I don't feel like disclosing every detail of how I spend my annual leave to my boss. Is it sufficient for them to produce a letter listing the dates that I was on leave and business trips? Or do they need to say where I went and why too?

I hate retrospective rule changes, and I hope this one gets killed, but for the time being I'm nervous.