ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Tax Credit Letter from HMRC

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emrah

Child Tax Credit Letter from HMRC

Post by Emrah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi guys I will apply for ILR in 2 months time, I was checking the new SET M visa form and I have noticed that they changed few things one of them is "Your Finances" they never used to ask

Official documentation confirming receipt of public
funds (including the amounts paid) and corresponding bank account/building society statements showing receipt of public funds

I have got the letter from HM Revenue & Customs last year was saying

working tax credit to MR Emrah £10.82
Child Tax credit to MRS Angela £2288.46

See the Picture here

I have never got a penny from HM Revenue to my bank account but as it shows on the letter like that Im scared that they will refuse my application.

I dont need their £10. I can pay them back I dont mind. But I dont know if it is supposed to be like that or not.

What should I do? Is it ok to show like that?

Please help me.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:41 pm

my wife just rang them now the guy said it has to be on our both names by law and the money goes to your (my wife) account and they wont do anything for £10.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Emrah wrote:my wife just rang them now the guy said it has to be on our both names by law and the money goes to your (my wife) account and they wont do anything for £10.
It's fine
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:my wife just rang them now the guy said it has to be on our both names by law and the money goes to your (my wife) account and they wont do anything for £10.
It's fine
did anything similar happen to you or a person you know mate? Im still worried to be honest.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:35 pm

if one person is allowed to claim, both are...

the working tax credit rule does not apply to parents with children - only couples... - this is because a single parent can claim a couples rate of working tax credit, therefore they are not claiming more than if you were not in the country.

this will not affect your claim, and if it does, appeal... - theres a massive thread about this on here somewhere... - cant find the link atm, but its here...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
It's fine
did anything similar happen to you or a person you know mate? Im still worried to be honest.
It is a joint claim and joint claims for Tax Credits are allowed so far as one claimant is not subject to immigration control/has the right to reside.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:56 pm

wiggsy wrote:if one person is allowed to claim, both are...

the working tax credit rule does not apply to parents with children - only couples... - this is because a single parent can claim a couples rate of working tax credit, therefore they are not claiming more than if you were not in the country.

this will not affect your claim, and if it does, appeal... - theres a massive thread about this on here somewhere... - cant find the link atm, but its here...
Im very confused with your response mate.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:02 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
It's fine
It is a joint claim and joint claims for Tax Credits are allowed so far as one claimant is not subject to immigration control/has the right to reside.
thanks mate

Im still open to other people who had same situation or they know what to do with this matter.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
It's fine
thanks mate

Im still open to other people who had same situation or they know what to do with this matter.
Read the regulations and you'll see you claim tax credits jointly. There is nothing wrong providing a claimant I.e. your partner is not subject to immigration control/has the right to reside.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:28 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
thanks mate

Read the regulations and you'll see you claim tax credits jointly. There is nothing wrong providing a claimant I.e. your partner is not subject to immigration control/has the right to reside.
I know it has to be on both names.

is it ok to show some amount of money across my name then? the only thing is worrying me is that. Because it clearly says no public funds on my visa. The money shows on picture doesnt go to my account at all.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
thanks mate

is it ok to show some amount of money across my name then? the only thing is worrying me is that. Because it clearly says no public funds on my visa. The money shows on picture doesnt go to my account at all.

You can get tax credits if you have a partner in the UK who:
isn't subject to immigration control. You were working so were awarded the WTC as part of a joint claim!

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:49 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
thanks mate

You can get tax credits if you have a partner in the UK who:
isn't subject to immigration control. You were working so were awarded the WTC as part of a joint claim!
cool mate thanks

lucyming
BANNED

Post by lucyming » Fri May 17, 2013 9:06 am

This is what I'm interested in.Welcome to contace me.

SPAM