ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A long and frustrating series of events but at longlast.....

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tdoubleoni14

A long and frustrating series of events but at longlast.....

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Quick Summary:

Submitted application via 3rd party rep at PEO Croydon on 30th Nov 2011

Application refused 17th June 2012

Appealed and hearing set for 23rd August 2012

Appeal withdrawn for reconsideration on morning of 23rd August 2012. Funny thing was that I requested a reconsideration days after the refusal but was told there was no grounds.

Application again refused 17th October 2012

Appealed again and hearing scheduled 21st December 2012

**HOPO didn’t argue the case and admitted we had been treated unfairly**

Appealed allowed 14th January 2013

Determination received 16th January 2013

ILR conditionally approved and biometric application form sent 11th March 2013

Forms completed and returned 16th March 2013

Biometric Invitation received from UKBA on 25th March 2013

Biometric Enrolled 28th March 2013

BRP received via special delivery 04/04/2013……
Passport and docs returned 05/04/2013

Lots and lots of chasing in-between(emails, faxes, letters etc) but think it was worth it…I contacted all and sundry, whether or not it mattered; from MP, to POU, and eventually was put in direct contact with CW. Contrary to other “words of wisdom”, never give up, just keep on following up…..It doesn’t do you any harm, and I don’t believe you can be victimised……It has been 17 LONG LONG months but just another small bump in the road but have definitely come out triumphant……..Thanks be to Jesus……Goodluck all

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Congratulations! It sure was worth the effort.
2 Questions, Why was it refused and how was it refused after more than 6 months when it was a PEO appointment?
Goodluck.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: A long and frustrating series of events but at longlast.

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:01 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:Quick Summary:

Appeal withdrawn for reconsideration on morning of 23rd August 2012. Funny thing was that I requested a reconsideration days after the refusal but was told there was no grounds.

Lots and lots of chasing in-between(emails, faxes, letters etc) but think it was worth it…I contacted all and sundry, whether or not it mattered; from MP, to POU, and eventually was put in direct contact with CW. Contrary to other “words of wisdom”, never give up, just keep on following up…..It doesn’t do you any harm, and I don’t believe you can be victimised……It has been 17 LONG LONG months but just another small bump in the road but have definitely come out triumphant……..Thanks be to Jesus……Goodluck all
Congratulations. It all worth it. Your untiring effort has finally paid off. Very commendable. Now you can relax and enjoy your ILR.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:02 pm

I salute you!
If it were me, I think I must have collapsed before I could get it.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:09 pm

alanwong wrote:I salute you!
Don't do that mate. Never give up,until you reach your goal.Good lesson for all of us. Alan have you seen the new SET O Form 06/04 version. What are your thoughts?

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Kevin24 wrote: Don't do that mate. Never give up,until you reach your goal.Good lesson for all of us. Alan have you seen the new SET O Form 06/04 version. What are your thoughts?
Hi, Kevin, I had a brief look through the new form. Apart from the fee rise, I have not realized any other differences for my case (5 year work permit holder).

Is there anything important which I do not realize? Please inform me, and I will greatly appreciate it.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:04 pm

alanwong wrote:
Kevin24 wrote: Don't do that mate. Never give up,until you reach your goal.Good lesson for all of us. Alan have you seen the new SET O Form 06/04 version. What are your thoughts?
Hi, Kevin, I had a brief look through the new form. Apart from the fee rise, I have not realized any other differences for my case (5 year work permit holder).

Is there anything important which I do not realize? Please inform me, and I will greatly appreciate it.
Hi! Alan, Even I haven't noticed any thing significant. Except Earlier SET o12/12 was 55 pages long, New one has 3 additional pages. Hope I am correct.Of course now you would know exactly,how much Visa Fees you have to pay :(

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Hi! Alan, Even I haven't noticed any thing significant. Except Earlier SET o12/12 was 55 pages long, New one has 3 additional pages. Hope I am correct.Of course now you would know exactly,how much Visa Fees you have to pay :(
Hi, Kevin24, you are perfectly right. The old one has 55 pages and the new one has 58 pages. To spot this kind of difference is something I am good at, now it seems that you are much better at this than me.

Another quick look, I found that there is one page for section 6 and one more page for section 8. What is the other extra page for, I do not know yet.

If I remember correctly, your ILR is due in April, is not it? When are you going to apply?

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:24 pm

[iD] wrote:Congratulations! It sure was worth the effort.
2 Questions, Why was it refused and how was it refused after more than 6 months when it was a PEO appointment?
Sage, thanks...it was really a journey, and dont wish it on anyone..

It was refused because as a WP I didnt meet the salary in the COP by about £2 or so. In the end the argument was that the COP wasnt applicable when I was granted a work permit, so should not be used to determine my case. Philipson and others were cited

For the reason above, I was asked to provide a letter with certain info within 2weeks, which I did, and before I knew it, my application had been passed from Croydon to Liverpool, to Sheffield and back to Liverpool. The only reason, I got a response in June 2012, was becuase I constantly contacted( theyll say harrassed...lol) my MP

Hope that answers your questions..

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:27 pm

alanwong wrote:I salute you!
at times it felt like i was already down and out, especially as I stuck in my company and had lost a few very good opportunities BUT hey all things work together for good....

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:40 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:
[iD] wrote:Congratulations! It sure was worth the effort.
Sage, thanks...it was really a journey, and dont wish it on anyone..

It was refused because as a WP I didnt meet the salary in the COP by about £2 or so. In the end the argument was that the COP wasnt applicable when I was granted a work permit, so should not be used to determine my case. Philipson and others were cited

For the reason above, I was asked to provide a letter with certain info within 2weeks, which I did, and before I knew it, my application had been passed from Croydon to Liverpool, to Sheffield and back to Liverpool. The only reason, I got a response in June 2012, was because I constantly contacted( theyll say harrassed...lol) my MP

Hope that answers your questions..

yes you are right. if you harras them they will refuse your application on any reason/ground. They have full right to refuse and i believe their seniors are proud of case workers who refuse and they don't like give visa to every one. They refused my one as i was keep on contacting my MP and finally wrote a letter to CW and after 2 days she refused my application.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:52 pm

ryan2020 wrote:
yes you are right. if you harras them they will refuse your application on any reason/ground. They have full right to refuse and i believe their seniors are proud of case workers who refuse and they don't like give visa to every one. They refused my one as i was keep on contacting my MP and finally wrote a letter to CW and after 2 days she refused my application.
Hi ryan2020, tdoubleoni14's harassment has a positive effect, different from yours. How did you get on with your case later on? I assume you might have equally amazing experience.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:56 pm

alanwong wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Hi, Kevin24, you are perfectly right. The old one has 55 pages and the new one has 58 pages. To spot this kind of difference is something I am good at, now it seems that you are much better at this than me.

Another quick look, I found that there is one page for section 6 and one more page for section 8. What is the other extra page for, I do not know yet.

If I remember correctly, your ILR is due in April, is not it? When are you going to apply?
Early May. Delay in getting Some documents .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:15 pm

alanwong wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

If I remember correctly, your ILR is due in April, is not it? When are you going to apply?[/qu

Wow! Alan! You have a memory like an Elephant. When is your's Thank you for your valuable advise I got the Confirmation? E-mail from the E-support team,with in 2 hours. Very good response. because I was really stressed,whether My appointment will get deleted all of a sudden. :D

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Kevin24 wrote: Wow! Alan! You have a memory like an Elephant. When is your's Thank you for your valuable advise I got the Confirmation? E-mail from the E-support team,with in 2 hours. Very good response. because I was really stressed,whether My appointment will get deleted all of a sudden. :D
Hi, Kevin, good to know that it does something good to you.
Yes, their reply is pretty fast.

Mine is also in May.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:24 pm

alanwong wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:
Hi ryan2020, tdoubleoni14's harassment has a positive effect, different from yours. How did you get on with your case later on? I assume you might have equally amazing experience.
well it was totally negative effect on my case.
the prove is they didnt touch my application for 5 months ( i applied in person) and just after i wrote letter just exactly after 2 days they refuse my application.
the reason i'm saying is that they hold my application for Different reason and they refuse my application on different reason.

I appeal and win the case where Judge declared in Judgement that Case worker has made Error and they should decide application SENSIBLY

judge has made this comments openly that its a wrong decision

in letter i wrote case worker i'm out of JOB for 5 months and i have dependant. please expedite my case.....

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:53 pm

ryan2020 wrote: well it was totally negative effect on my case.
the prove is they didnt touch my application for 5 months ( i applied in person) and just after i wrote letter just exactly after 2 days they refuse my application.
the reason i'm saying is that they hold my application for Different reason and they refuse my application on different reason.

I appeal and win the case where Judge declared in Judgement that Case worker has made Error and they should decide application SENSIBLY

judge has made this comments openly that its a wrong decision

in letter i wrote case worker i'm out of JOB for 5 months and i have dependant. please expedite my case.....
ryan2020, it is really ridiculous for them to hold your in-person application for 5 months. They should do some compensation to you, should not they? Anyway it is nice to know that you got it eventually.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks Alanwong.

I still didnt have my ILR yet. I'm waiting for the expensive delivery of my BRP.

UKBA never compensate unless you complaint to ombudsman which I'm thinking to go for it after i received my BRP.

I'm thinking if I give them pain they may give me pain back in Naturalization Application ? what you say ?

Warrenpfo
Newly Registered

Post by Warrenpfo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Congrats on the outcome, like you i too had my case go to court and appeal and in the end won the battle. That was 4 weeks back and now we have the letter from the judge confirming his decision in our favour.

I had already been asked for my biometrics etc prior to them denying my application and wanted to ask if i will have to do it again and what bits of wisdom you could let me know in order to try and speed up the process.

Many thanks

Warren

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm

tdoubleoni14 wrote:Quick Summary:

Hello mate,

congrats first of all. Could u plz give me ur personal email id, so that i will contact u plz. As i m trying to send PM here, but its not going, donno why.

Actually my case is also similar like ur case, its been pending for over 2 yrs and recently its under reconsideration process, fingers crossed.

And also could u plz give me ur solicitor contact number, so tht i will contact him, just incase.

plz plz ur email id??

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Warrenpfo wrote:Congrats on the outcome, like you i too had my case go to court and appeal and in the end won the battle. That was 4 weeks back and now we have the letter from the judge confirming his decision in our favour.

I had already been asked for my biometrics etc prior to them denying my application and wanted to ask if i will have to do it again and what bits of wisdom you could let me know in order to try and speed up the process.

Many thanks

Warren
pm your email i will send you details what i did.