ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances for own funds shown outside UK account?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

summer69
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Chances for own funds shown outside UK account?

Post by summer69 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:10 am

I applied before rules changed and the before the money factor became immense important. Hence I had shown my own funds from outside UK. After the new rules and high success rates for the applicants who had funds within UK I am worrying about this than ever before..
Please post your ideas and information on the chances for my case...

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:33 am

If the money is still in overseas account then positive... it does not matter where the money is as long as T1E rules are followed.

webnomi
Newly Registered

Post by webnomi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:12 pm

rizwan567 wrote:If the money is still in overseas account then positive... it does not matter where the money is as long as T1E rules are followed.
I have similar situation. I haven't applied yet btw.

My Situation is: 20K+ in Company's account which me and my T1E team member share with me. 30K+ offered by an investor abroad who has 100K+ in his personal account.

I know: (Correct if i am wrong)
I need Bank statement of my investor showing funds are above 30K (which are more than that)
I need a letter from his bank saying mine and my partner's name that funds available to us whenever need.

My questions:
1. Does account type of my investor matter? Current/Savings etc.
2. Will fluctuation be any problem as long as its still over 30K all the time? as he is investing in other businesses as well and makes huge transactions frequently.
3. Can we use some of 20K from Company's business account (Advertisement, Instrument etc.) meanwhile waiting for decision?

summer69
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by summer69 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:22 pm

rizwan567 wrote:If the money is still in overseas account then positive... it does not matter where the money is as long as T1E rules are followed.
Thanks rizwan567 for your comments.

Desperately waiting for a decision now.. Nothing heard after the general applicable updated rules letter in mid March..

Cheers

summer69
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by summer69 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:33 pm

webnomi wrote:

My Situation is: 20K+ in Company's account which me and my T1E team member share with me. 30K+ offered by an investor abroad who has 100K+ in his personal account.

I need Bank statement of my investor showing funds are above 30K (which are more than that)
I need a letter from his bank saying mine and my partner's name that funds available to us whenever need.

My questions:
2. Will fluctuation be any problem as long as its still over 30K all the time? as he is investing in other businesses as well and makes huge transactions frequently.
3. Can we use some of 20K from Company's business account (Advertisement, Instrument etc.) meanwhile waiting for decision?
webnomi, I have worked out my application with a lawyer. So from my experience fluctuation (think what you meant was inflation?) won't be a problem as long as you capture the currency rate on the date of the application. (I did that simply via a screen shot on Oanda)

If the funds have been used partly, most probably you will be inquired by a case worker to provide evidence of your investments. According to your examples it is quite straight forward since you can provide copies of advertisement material and invoices.

When I was reading the policy guidelines at the the time I applied(early Jan 2013), all they have mentioned on the account was you need to prove that you have access to funds, funds are freely disposable in UK, with the correct required amount.

Cheers

summer69

webnomi
Newly Registered

Post by webnomi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 am

summer69 wrote:
webnomi wrote:

My questions:
webnomi, I have worked out my application with a lawyer. So from my experience fluctuation (think what you meant was inflation?) won't be a problem as long as you capture the currency rate on the date of the application. (I did that simply via a screen shot on Oanda)

If the funds have been used partly, most probably you will be inquired by a case worker to provide evidence of your investments. According to your examples it is quite straight forward since you can provide copies of advertisement material and invoices.

When I was reading the policy guidelines at the the time I applied(early Jan 2013), all they have mentioned on the account was you need to prove that you have access to funds, funds are freely disposable in UK, with the correct required amount.

Cheers

summer69
No, by fluctuation I meant it goes significantly up and down, as my investor deals in property and he keeps buying and selling properties. he promised me to not to let his account balance below 30K as that is what he offered me. But my question is, does number of large transactions in his account will cause any problem? even if they are always above 30K but sometime 300k+ sometimes just above 30K