ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application after 6th April

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz111
BANNED

Application after 6th April

Post by xyz111 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:50 am

Hi,

I am tier 1 G with 1 dependant eligible to apply ILR in June 2013.

New fees are huge so thinking about splitting the application ie. me applying in person at PEO so it will be £1426 and send wife's application by post i.e. £788. Is that correct?

Please could you advise for wife, if postal application, which form to be be used? Is it standard SET O?

We can not get PEO appointment with dependant anyways!!

Thanks.

alanwong

Re: Application after 6th April

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:05 pm

xyz111 wrote:Hi,

New fees are huge so thinking about splitting the application ie. me applying in person at PEO so it will be £1426 and send wife's application by post i.e. £788. Is that correct?

Please could you advise for wife, if postal application, which form to be be used? Is it standard SET O?

Thanks.
If your wife applies separately, then she has to pay the main applicant's fee, which is 1051. Am I right?

xyz111
BANNED

Post by xyz111 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:19 pm

alanwong wrote:
xyz111 wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
If your wife applies separately, then she has to pay the main applicant's fee, which is 1051. Am I right?
Thanks. i just checked yes it is 1051 GBP -still expensive. Anyways because not getting any joint appointments that will still save me 1426-1051 for dependant?

For only dependant application is it SET O form or there is some different form available?

Thanks.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:30 pm

xyz111 wrote: Thanks. i just checked yes it is 1051 GBP -still expensive. Anyways because not getting any joint appointments that will still save me 1426-1051 for dependant?

For only dependant application is it SET O form or there is some different form available?

Thanks.
If your wife applies with you at PEO, then she will pay 788+375. So what you can save is 1163-1051 = 112 pounds.
But you have to wait for ages.
From tomorrow, booking with dependents can be easier, due to fee having to be paid.

xyz111
BANNED

Post by xyz111 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:40 pm

alanwong wrote:
xyz111 wrote: Thanks. i just checked yes it is 1051 GBP -still expensive. Anyways because not getting any joint appointments that will still save me 1426-1051 for dependant?

Thanks.
If your wife applies with you at PEO, then she will pay 788+375. So what you can save is 1163-1051 = 112 pounds.
But you have to wait for ages.
From tomorrow, booking with dependents can be easier, due to fee having to be paid.
Ok. So booking for PEO will be under category 'For each Additional Dependants' which is 1163 but I take it two SET O forms will be filled out i case appointment times are different?!

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:47 pm

xyz111 wrote:
Ok. So booking for PEO will be under category 'For each Additional Dependants' which is 1163 but I take it two SET O forms will be filled out i case appointment times are different?!
You'd better book a single appointment rather than two separate ones if you can. Otherwise they may charge you two 1426s.

xyz111
BANNED

Post by xyz111 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:55 pm

alanwong wrote:
xyz111 wrote:
You'd better book a single appointment rather than two separate ones if you can. Otherwise they may charge you two 1426s.

Thanks.

the whole point of saving money by making a postal applications being that joint appointments unavaiable but lets see uf they are available from tomorrow!!

ILRdept
Newly Registered

Post by ILRdept » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi I have got my wife & child dependant ILR PEO appointment early next week. But, I have booked this appointment before 6th April (Couple of weeks ago). so,

Do I need to call UKBA and pay the 100 quids for the PEO appoitment as per the new rules? or I can directly go to the peo and pay on the day of appointment.

Can you pls clarify. UKBA help numbers not at all useful to get in touch. It's like a horn on the horse :(

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:14 pm

I think you can pay fees by calling given number.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/
If you are applying on a paper application form, you will need to pay an appointment fee of £100 per applicant. You must pay this fee before you attend your appointment. To pay this fee, you must call our immigration enquiry bureau between 9:00 and 15:00 on 0870 606 7766. You must call us to pay your fee by the next working day after you book your appointment online. If you do not, your appointment will be cancelled. We therefore strongly advise that you call to pay as soon as possible after booking your appointment.
ILRdept wrote:Hi I have got my wife & child dependant ILR PEO appointment early next week. But, I have booked this appointment before 6th April (Couple of weeks ago). so,

Do I need to call UKBA and pay the 100 quids for the PEO appoitment as per the new rules? or I can directly go to the peo and pay on the day of appointment.

Can you pls clarify. UKBA help numbers not at all useful to get in touch. It's like a horn on the horse :(

ILRdept
Newly Registered

Post by ILRdept » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Thanks madhu. I have seen this link. When I checked my booking in online system it was still valid until last thursday ( I haven't paid so far). Afer friday, the PEO link was not at all working and till now.

So I couldn't check my booking validity. Do you recon to pay the amount if I attend early next week. ?

Bt still not sure about my appointment validity :(

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:58 pm

ILRdept wrote:Thanks madhu. I have seen this link. When I checked my booking in online system it was still valid until last thursday ( I haven't paid so far). Afer friday, the PEO link was not at all working and till now.

So I couldn't check my booking validity. Do you recon to pay the amount if I attend early next week. ?

If your appointment is cancelled, you will get notified by email.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:14 pm

ILRdept wrote:Thanks madhu. I have seen this link. When I checked my booking in online system it was still valid until last thursday ( I haven't paid so far). Afer friday, the PEO link was not at all working and till now.

The system is back now.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:36 pm

This is confusing for sure.
I believe the applicants booking new appointments from 6th of April (booking date not appointment date) would have to call within 2 days to pay for the appointment or it'd be cancelled.
Regarding applicants who booked appointments before 6th of April, they'll pay their appointment fee on the day of their appointment.

Surely if UKBA wanted all those people who had booked their appointments before 6th of April to pay £100 in advance they would have emailed them by now.
Last edited by [iD] on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodluck.

ILRdept
Newly Registered

Post by ILRdept » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Yea you are right id. i do feel the same as you said. My booking is still valid and it says active as of now. anyway, i will call them tomorrow and cheak once to ensure.

but, would expect I never get clear answer or call connect since it is ukba he he ;0

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 pm

[iD] wrote:This is confusing for sure.
I believe the applicants booking new appointments from 6th of April (booking date not appointment date) would have to call within 2 days to pay for the appointment or it'd be cancelled.
Regarding applicants who are booking appointments before 6th of April, they'll pay their appointment fee on the day of their appointment.

Surely if UKBA wanted all those people who had booked their appointments before 6th of April to pay £100 in advance they would have emailed them by now.
I agree with you. Hope we are not wrong.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:51 pm

ILRdept wrote:Yea you are right id. i do feel the same as you said. My booking is still valid and it says active as of now. anyway, i will call them tomorrow and cheak once to ensure.

but, would expect I never get clear answer or call connect since it is ukba he he ;0
They are hopeless. Still do ask them. Make sure they are clear that you booked your appointment before 6th of April.
I can guarantee they'll try and get you to pay beforehand.
Do let us know tho.
Goodluck.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:16 pm

I suppose one needs to pay 100 GBP within 1-2 days of booking appointment irrespective of visa type (All tier based visa)?