ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby to born -- uk or india?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ibrahimsyde
Newly Registered

baby to born -- uk or india?

Post by ibrahimsyde » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi there,
As the things going pretty good with an extension and all I thought of asking one personal question with you guys as I am unable to decide whether to allow my wife give birth to our child in UK or in India as it is better for her to stay in india during the final stage of her pregnancy with the fact of family and moral support.
I would be glad to you all if you could please let me know what my child would not be liable if he/she born in India?
I mean what benefit's that could the child get if they born in UK, both at present and how is this become good in future for them?
Please let me know.
Thanks
Ibs

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:12 pm

If you do not have ILR or UK citizenship, your child will be Indian even if born in UK.

So, better to give birth in India anyway. But after 6 months of pregnancy, she may not be allowed to fly.