ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Life in UK test and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vickskul
Newly Registered

Applying for Life in UK test and ILR

Post by vickskul » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Hello,

I really need urgent help/advise to be able to plan for applying for life in UK test and ILR.

My situation is as below.

Current leave to remain i.e. Tier-2 ICT visa expires on 14-Apr-2013. Extension applied to be able to remain until 30-may-2013 on the basis of new CoS.
Although I entered UK first time on 7-Jun-2008 ; considering my visa was stamped on 30-May-2008, my understanding is that my 5 years tenure will complete by 30-May-2013.

My problem is that I have applied for extension of visa on 5-April online and on an average it takes 6-8 weeks for biometric cards to arrive; which may mean, they will arrive just around the time of my next visa expiry i.e. 30-May-2013.

In this situation, I am not able to apply for life in uk test as I don't have any other proof of identity (as passport and biometric cards have been sent). I know I should have really completed the test earlier; but I was not sure whether my employer will continue me here; hence really didn't go for that.

So, can someone advise whether in worst case, say I receive biometric cards just around 30-may; whether I can still apply for life in uk test after my visa expires on 30-may? and on that basis, I can apply for ILR.

I am scared as to whether I won't have any choice but to go back to India just because I didn't have passport /biometric card in hand to be able to apply for ILR.

On the basis of 5 year calculation rules on below link : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I think I should be able to extend my stay lawfully 28 days past 30-may-2013...but I am not really sure.

Can someone please urgently guide me on 2 things?
1. Can I have any other proof of id (e.g. I've heard of immigration status document?) for life in uk test and how to obtain that ...this is so that i can have my test completed without waiting for visa extension?

2. Can I apply for ILR after my visa expires? OR can I apply for ILR while I am waiting for visa extension? (On the basis that I will be within 28 day period just before 30-mar)

Thanks a ton in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:52 pm

vickskul wrote:In this situation, I am not able to apply for life in uk test as I don't have any other proof of identity (as passport and biometric cards have been sent).
Do you have a
Are there any identification requirements? wrote:a UK (United Kingdom) photocard driving licence, full or provisional - this document must be in date (this can also be used as proof of postcode).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:01 am

You may vary an undecided valid in-time extension application to ILR, when you are eligible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vickskul
Newly Registered

Post by vickskul » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:20 am

Thanks Vinny. Unfortunately I dont have UK driving license. I have applied for provisional one just last wk but even that is waiting for my passport.
I did not understand your second reply...could you pls elaborate?
Thanks a lot.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:34 am

Click on the given links for more info.

vickskul
Newly Registered

Post by vickskul » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:25 am

Thanks..I got your point Vinny.
How about photo id issue? Without that I am unable to apply for ILR ...hence will I still be able to vary when the time comes?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:54 am

No. You should satisfy KOL prior to applying for ILR. Contact a test centre to see if they have any other options for someone whose identification documents are with the UKBA.

rajkpardeshi
Newly Registered

Post by rajkpardeshi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 am

Check with centre, I reckon you should be able to use your Indain Driving License if you have one since I gave some other certifications using that so I reckon that should work as photo ID but not sure if it will work for LITUK test. You can check with them and try for it.