ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Banking statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markotsg

Online Banking statements

Post by markotsg » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:49 pm

Hello Could you please tell me if I print the statements from Online Banking is tshi sufficient?
Bank details are visible on the statement or do I have to get them signed?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:18 pm

You would need to get them certified by the bank.

The reason is clear .... and I am not suggesting that you personally would do this .... it would be all too easy for a downloaded statement to be altered prior to printing. So the best you can hope for is printing them out and then getting the bank to certify them, but far better that you obtain bank-printed statements rather than go to that bother.
John

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:27 pm

best to call up the bank and request printouts on colour paper/letterhead.

my bank (HSBC in UK) said they cannot sign anything, even the printouts they do on their own computer in the branch. That may vary bank to bank though.

melimango

Post by melimango » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:56 pm

definitely have your bank sign & stamp or get your bank to print you out new ones on official colored letterhead. I was refused due to this.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:36 pm

Additional information, in the UK it is highly unlikely that the bank will sign and/or stamp your statement.

Have anyone got one ???

If you come to the bank in the UK they will print it with their own printer on colour letterhead paper using their typical font. No signature and no stamp. That is all you will get. Their printer is unique therefore it is more accurate then signature and stamp itself (unless U have same printer and know the font/fant size they are using ). They could easily recognise it if it is printed by someone else using fake letterhead.

In the guidelines is also clear that U only required if it is printed on plain paper and/on from direct from online by yourself.

Pantaiema

melimango wrote:definitely have your bank sign & stamp or get your bank to print you out new ones on official colored letterhead. I was refused due to this.

markotsg

Post by markotsg » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:38 am

Hey Guys, i got the bank to stamp me all the statemets would that be fine? Or I need them signed as well?

markotsg

Post by markotsg » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:06 am

Hey Guys, i got the bank to stamp me all the statemets would that be fine? Or I need them signed as well?

Arun79
Newly Registered

Bank Statement

Post by Arun79 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:11 am

Hi,

I have a clarification regarding bank statement and IT returns.

1) i heard that verification people call the bank and ask the transactions randomly. (like how much amount has been credited /debited on particular date) Is this true??

Because no bank in India will provide those details to the people except the account holder.

And i heard that they are rejecting applications showing the reason as they did not receive the proper information from Bank.

Can some one clarify this plz?

Regards,
Arun

captain74

Online Banks do provide official statements!

Post by captain74 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:58 am

I have recently got the prroval for extension of HSMP. I bank with HSBC and this is what I did:

Logged on to internet banking and left a message for the administrator (central processing rather than branch based processing) explaining the situation and asked for official copies of the statements. I got a call from them to advise how to print the statements. It was during the call that I was able to explain to them the need of official paper etc.

They sent me the statements for my online savings account just as they do for current account etc. The statements were marked 'Duplicate' in print and I explained this in my covering letter.

Two points then:
1. It may be better to engage the central people running the online account rather than the branch staff who do not directly administer it.
2. If they could issue it to me then this proves that they do have the facility to produce official statements at the central processing level.

Hope this helps some of you - good luck!

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:57 am

thats exactly what i said above, phone the bank (or in your case emailed them)- dont talk to the branch.

for those of you who have a 100% internet account, they may ask you to pay a small fee for the printed statements, because thats what you agreed to when opening the acount

Cheated

Post by Cheated » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:36 am

The bank sends monthly satements (coloured). Will this suffice?

And how many months' satement has to be shown?

Is this for suppoerting salary purposes or to show there is sufficient money for expences?

I have company wage slips foe eight months. Won't that do?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks