ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

BC Application

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 am

Hi
I need some information re my wife citizenship application.
My BC application was approved few days ago and I am in process of arranging the citizenship ceremony. Once I receive my certificate my wife will apply for her citizenship.
My questions are
1)- Her foreign passport is going to expire on 12/05/2013, can she send her expired passport with her BC application or do we have to renew it.
2)- Do I have to send my British passport or just my BC certificate is sufficient? If I don’t have to send my British passport then she will be able to apply before 12/05/2013 while her foreign passport is still valid.

Thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC Application

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 am

jinkazama_11 wrote:Hi
My BC application was approved few days ago and I am in process of arranging the citizenship ceremony. Once I receive my certificate my wife will apply for her citizenship.
My questions are
1)- Her foreign passport is going to expire on 12/05/2013, can she send her expired passport with her BC application or do we have to renew it. - valid passport is not necessary for application
2)- Do I have to send my British passport or just my BC certificate is sufficient? If I don’t have to send my British passport then she will be able to apply before 12/05/2013 while her foreign passport is still valid. - certificate is fine, however you need to send your certificate with your BC passport application

Thanks for your help
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:36 am

CR001 wrote:
My questions are
1)- Her foreign passport is going to expire on 12/05/2013, can she send her expired passport with her BC application or do we have to renew it. - valid passport is not necessary for application
2)- Do I have to send my British passport or just my BC certificate is sufficient? If I don’t have to send my British passport then she will be able to apply before 12/05/2013 while her foreign passport is still valid. - certificate is fine, however you need to send your certificate with your BC passport application
Thanks for your help
If valid passport is not necessary then i will send both my BC certificate and my British passport with her application.

Thanks for your reply

prince12

Post by prince12 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 pm

My questions are
1)- Her foreign passport is going to expire on 12/05/2013, can she send her expired passport with her BC application or do we have to renew it.
2)- Do I have to send my British passport or just my BC certificate is sufficient? If I don’t have to send my British passport then she will be able to apply before 12/05/2013 while her foreign passport is still valid.

Thanks for your help
Use NCS for ur wife's application, all they will need is to take a copy of ur naturalisation certificate and return it to you and while your wife's application is being considered you can then go ahead and apply for your british passport....thats what i did and it worked out fine.
goodluck

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:51 pm

prince12 wrote:
My questions are

Thanks for your help
Use NCS for ur wife's application, all they will need is to take a copy of ur naturalisation certificate and return it to you and while your wife's application is being considered you can then go ahead and apply for your british passport....thats what i did and it worked out fine.
goodluck
Thanks a lot prince12 - Did they ask for your British Passport?

prince12

Post by prince12 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:13 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:
prince12 wrote:
My questions are

Thanks for your help
goodluck
They wont ask for your Passport if you tell them you have ur certficate of naturalization...its not a requirement to have a british Passport to prove you are british.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:56 pm

prince12 wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
prince12 wrote:
My questions are

Thanks for your help
goodluck
They wont ask for your Passport if you tell them you have ur certficate of naturalization...its not a requirement to have a british Passport to prove you are british.
thanks again. I was asking this because supporting documents section of Form AN asks for passport

SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen.
• Husband’s, wife’s or civil partner’s passport or birth certificate AND
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate

prince12

Post by prince12 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:23 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:
prince12 wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
prince12 wrote: Use NCS for ur wife's application, all they will need is to take a copy of ur naturalisation certificate and return it to you and while your wife's application is being considered you can then go ahead and apply for your british passport....thats what i did and it worked out fine.
goodluck
thanks again. I was asking this because supporting documents section of Form AN asks for passport

SECTION 6 Evidence of marriage for applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf
Read page 16

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:08 pm

prince12 wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
prince12 wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf
Read page 16
Prince12 thank you very much mate.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi
Another question is re Tax office reference number and address.

My wife is a house wife, Can she leave this section blank or write N/A?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks
Leave it blank as she will say that she is 'unemployed' or a 'housewife'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:57 pm

CR001 wrote:

Thanks
Leave it blank as she will say that she is 'unemployed' or a 'housewife'.
thanks