ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visit visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashraf.js
Newly Registered

General Visit visa refused

Post by ashraf.js » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 1 Dependent visa and sponsored my mom for a General visit providing my bank statements,payslips and all the required documents specified in the check list for the past six months.However as my mom is a house wife she doesn't have any income of her own and she is supported by my brother in India.I have provided my brothers bank statements showing his income. As my mother doesn't have any savings the visa was refused quoting "I am not satisfied that you will maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents adequately out of resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependents, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends (Paragraph 41 (vi) of HC 395) as amended)." and my mom has limited right of appeal. I have specified in the sponsorship letter that I am bearing all the expenses for her trip and have also provided itinerary for her return journey.I would be grateful if anyone could suggest me how to move forward on this.

Many thanks.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Can you not show your own/wifes income to support her application. Have to explained where she will live and who will bear her living expenses?

ashraf.js
Newly Registered

Post by ashraf.js » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:42 pm

I am the sponsor and I have provided all the documents to show my income and my tenancy agreement to show where she is going to live and also mentioned clearly in the sponsor letter that I am bearing all her expenses till the end of the trip. I have also provided confirmed ticket to prove she is going to return back to India before her visa expires. I am planning to go for an appeal but would like to have some suggestions on how to move forward.

coolfella

Post by coolfella » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi there,

I think you should proceed with appeal anyway. Couple of things I am doing before applying for mum.

* Making sure she has some assets against her name
* Showing some savings under her name

Just a few questions:

* How did you manage the itinerary, did you need pay for any bookings as such?
* Tenancy agreement, have you rented a full property? if not, I only have a tenancy for double room and not sure if this will cause any issue.

I am however applying under family visa providing I recently received my ILR.

Thanks in advance for addressing these queries.

-IM

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm

coolfella wrote: I think you should proceed with appeal anyway.
There is no general right of appeal in this category so your suggestion would be a complete waste of time. Better to use that time to reapply with better evidence.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /apl/apl4/

coolfella

Post by coolfella » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Guru, thanks for pointing out.

Just wanted to clarify, should not the person still have limited right? [ref: APL4.3].
Also, would not this depend on when the initial application was submitted?

Lucapooka wrote:
coolfella wrote: I think you should proceed with appeal anyway.
There is no general right of appeal in this category so your suggestion would be a complete waste of time. Better to use that time to reapply with better evidence.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /apl/apl4/

ashraf.js
Newly Registered

Post by ashraf.js » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:48 pm

I have paid full amount for her return ticket and tenancy agreement was for the flat we are renting at the moment.

coolfella wrote:Hi there,

I think you should proceed with appeal anyway. Couple of things I am doing before applying for mum.

* Making sure she has some assets against her name
* Showing some savings under her name

Just a few questions:

* How did you manage the itinerary, did you need pay for any bookings as such?
* Tenancy agreement, have you rented a full property? if not, I only have a tenancy for double room and not sure if this will cause any issue.

I am however applying under family visa providing I recently received my ILR.

Thanks in advance for addressing these queries.

-IM

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:20 pm

coolfella wrote:Just wanted to clarify, should not the person still have limited right?
Yes, of course, but the reason for this particular refusal does not within the scope of those limited rights (limited rights are clearly defined and nothing outside this limit is considered).