ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz_abc
BANNED

ILR Queries

Post by xyz_abc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi,

I am Tier 1 G and applying for ILR, I have few questions if someone could help me out please:

1. For my dependant (wife) should I use SET O form or SET M form?
2. I take it rules about salary for Tier 1 G have not been changed?

I would like to consider following periods (application due in June 2013)
Period 1: June 2012 to September 2012
Period 2: December 2012 to May 2013.
October/ November payment is missing. Is that Ok?

Also August payment was in lieu of notice. Is that Ok?

3. My previous employer is willing to give me absence (annual holidays) letter but unable to write if I was visitng my country or going out of UK!! Is that going to be Ok?

Please advise.

Thanks.

xyz_abc
BANNED

Re: ILR Queries

Post by xyz_abc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:09 am

Anyone?!

xyz_abc
BANNED

Re: ILR Queries

Post by xyz_abc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Please reply! :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:13 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Many thanks Vinny.

Please could these be replied to as well...

3. My previous employer is willing to give me absence (annual holidays) letter but unable to write if I was visitng my country or going out of UK!! Is that going to be Ok?

Please advise.

Thanks.

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 am

xyz_abc wrote:Many thanks Vinny.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Anyone!

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am

xyz_abc wrote:
xyz_abc wrote:Many thanks Vinny.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Anyone!
3 days to the post and no replies. Anyone. Thanks.

barker

Post by barker » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi,

I havent kept up with the changes since we got our case sorted. But I believe that as long as the requisite amount of income is shown within a 12 month period you dont need to show income for each month. Obviously the other rules will apply. As in the earnings should be from a consecutive 12 month period within the last 15 months etc.

Employers may not be provide details of what you did on your vacation as they will not necessarily know what you did or where you went and might not want to get involved. However if you look on the forum there are separate posts where people have raised this issue. The general feeling is that as long as the periods are not excessive and within the limits, and the employer has confirmed that you were on annual / paid leave, it should not matter. The law states that the employers letter should, and I quote
detail the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave.
It doesn't say that they have to confirm where you went. I guess moderators could provide a more accurate response

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:57 pm

barker wrote:Hi,

I havent kept up with the changes since we got our case sorted. But I believe that as long as the requisite amount of income is shown within a 12 month period you dont need to show income for each month. Obviously the other rules will apply. As in the earnings should be from a consecutive 12 month period within the last 15 months etc.

Employers may not be provide details of what you did on your vacation as they will not necessarily know what you did or where you went and might not want to get involved. However if you look on the forum there are separate posts where people have raised this issue. The general feeling is that as long as the periods are not excessive and within the limits, and the employer has confirmed that you were on annual / paid leave, it should not matter. The law states that the employers letter should, and I quote
detail the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave.
It doesn't say that they have to confirm where you went. I guess moderators could provide a more accurate response
Thanks Baker.

1. But the law says that letter should "detail the purpose"!!!

2. Also would payment in lieu of notice will be counted as the earnings!!??

Thanks.

barker

Post by barker » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi Xyz,

Yes, the law states that the letter should detail the purpose of absences in connection with the employment. In other words when you were absent from work. If you were on paid holiday the company can definitely confirm the "purpose" as annual leave.

Payments in lieu of notice can be included in the earnings declared. If you read the Attributes document available at the following link this is stated under point 23 (h)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:36 pm

thanks baker.

so

are ok. ilr due in june 2013. thanks

barker

Post by barker » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi xyz,

UKBA will consider a 12 month period that falls within 15 months of you applying. So if you are applying on 01 June 2013, you can take any 12 month period from 01 March 2012 onwards. If you were employed for the period March to June 2012, it might be simpler to show that as a continuous stretch.

But the periods that you have mentioned are allright as well as it is a 12 month stretch.