ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY IN THE UK

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yamcheka

HOW TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY IN THE UK

Post by yamcheka » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:16 pm

I just arrive last dec 2012. i already have my NI no. but i am still not registered to the GP ans still dont have any bank account. how should i start all of these?

I cant have proof of address cause i am leaving with my husband on a fully furnished rented council flat. and the utility bills are already on my husbands name and my bro-in-law.

will it be wise to get a joint account with my husband bank account?

need advice.
Never give up!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Walk into your local GP's surgery and register.
Ask your husband to help you to open your own bank account or add your name to his.
Ask your husband to arrange to have your name added to the bills.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Getting your name on the electoral roll is helpful and also ask him to put your name on the council tax bill, that will be very helpful when trying to add your name to any bank account. most councils do this quickly and can print it off for you to show to any bank.
pennyless

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:50 pm

You can only register on the Electoral Roll if your nationality gives you the right to vote.