ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happen to ILR when I become British Citizen?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xpscapable
Australia

What happen to ILR when I become British Citizen?

Post by xpscapable » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:13 pm

After you get your BC but before getting your British Passport, what happen if you urgently need to travel?

Can you come back in using your ILR? Or is this technically illegal since you are a BC (just don't have the passport).

ban.s

Re: What happen to ILR when I become British Citizen?

Post by ban.s » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 pm

xpscapable wrote:After you get your BC but before getting your British Passport, what happen if you urgently need to travel?

Can you come back in using your ILR? Or is this technically illegal since you are a BC (just don't have the passport).
Unlike some other countries (e.g. USA, Israel etc) UK don't require british citizen's to use BP for coming back to the country. So yes, you can use your passport and ILR for travel.