ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Queries about Solicitor's! Help Req

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kim1

General Queries about Solicitor's! Help Req

Post by kim1 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi again Forum,

I would like to know a few things about immigration solicitor'(In UK).

Firstly kindly name a few Solicitors , who have success rate, which you have come to know through personal experience or cuz of a close friend/relative etc

Secondly what do they charge for appeals against refusal of Tier1 Ent visas.

&is it (fee) negotiable or just a fixed amount no bargain.

Since I have no experience of hiring a solicitor in past, I am totally unaware of the territory.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Btw I want them to do a Admin Review as I am refused out side UK.

Those who don't know about my case here are the links.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=131145

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=131153

I have tried to help the forum members in past (its not that I want payback or any thing) and I will like to be helped in this regard.

Regards

Please post here or if its against the policy of the forum(which I dnt know) then pm the solicitors details.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:11 pm

An admin review is not an appeal (in fact, there is no general right of appeal for PBS entry clearance applications) and so not something that would need or require a solicitor. In the review, for which no new evidence can be submitted, the same application and evidence will be reviewed by another (different) ECO to see if there was an error in the decision.

However, it's certainly worth getting professional help with a new application if the AR does not overturn the original decision.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ve-review/

Firststep
BANNED

Re: General Queries about Solicitor's! Help Req

Post by Firststep » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi Kim,

have seen your other posts but still not clear about reasons of refusal. Would you like to discuss what happened exactly. As admin review is only helpful when there is some error in communication or ECo understaning/verifications. So one has to think before sending review. I am also planning for the same visa and have gathered some information. Solicitors charges are from £1000 to £3000 but can give you some names which i think look reliable. Please PM or send me an email at troopch@yahoo.com

Regards

kim1

Post by kim1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Can solicitor's charge a VAT on there fee?

As I am residing outside UK, VAT does not apply on me, Even if I was traveling I could claim the paid VAT back.

Correct me on this plz