ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could you critique our spouse visa please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moogle333
Newly Registered

Could you critique our spouse visa please

Post by moogle333 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:46 pm

This is what I have included, can you think of anything else that I could include? I have about two weeks to go before we get married and I really need to get this sorted out as soon as possible.

I am british and my finace is South African. I intend to go to South africa to get married in about two weeks.

My main cause for concern is that my divorce only becames final tomorrow and that it might look a bit dodgy that we got married so quickly after I got divorced. so I got my ex wife to write a letter saying we have been split up for over two years.

I have split the application up into 8 sections:

Section 1
VAF2 form
1. VAF2 Form
2. Letter of sponsorship from me
3. 4 Passport photos of my finace
4. Checklist 4X and a section of INF4 with notes

Section 2
Evidence that you are legally married to each other or are in a civil partnership recognised in the UK
Cover letter / explanation letter
1. Marriage certificate
2. My Certificate of entitlement to a decree
3. The Final dissolution order for my previous marriage
4. Letter from my ex wife (see section 7)

Section 3
Evidence your husband, wife or civil partner is present and settled in the UK
1. A copy of my passport Passport
2. Utility Bills

Section 4
Evidence you both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or as civil partners
1. Utility Bills addressed to my fiancé at (address)
2. Letters from friends and family stating that we lived together and will continue to do so
3. Pictures of us together
4. Copies of SMS messages
5. Receipt of my fiance's wedding ring
6. Print outs of emails we have sent each other
7. Scan of our baby

Section 5
Evidence you have met each other before
1. Pictures of us both together
2. Utility bills addressed to both of us at the same house

Section 6
Evidence that together you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds
1. my back Pay Slips for years.
2. Excel document showing our monthly incomings and outgoings
3. A letter from my employer stating my monthly wages
4. Letter stating my employment status
5. Bank statements showing my savings
6. my P60 form
7. my curriculum vitiate
8. Letters from my fiances previous employers
9. my finace's pay slips and P45 documents

Section 7
Evidence you have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds
1. Deeds of my House
2. A letter from my ex wife showing the amount of equity she owns of the house and that she no longer lives at the house
3. Plan of where we will live and pictures of each room
4. Council tax bills showing that only we live at my house
5. A recent quote of the value of my house and the original prospectus of my house from when we moved in
6. A letter from my solicitors indicating the purchase of my house
7. A mortgage payment letter

Section 8
Evidence your husband, wife or civil partner is not under 18, and you are not under 18.
1. my finaces passport and a copy of my passport + NI card
2. Both our birth certificates

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:07 pm

My main cause for concern is that my divorce only becames final tomorrow and that it might look a bit dodgy that we got married so quickly after I got divorced. so I got my ex wife to write a letter saying we have been split up for over two years.
I really can't see the sense of including that letter from your ex-wife .... as she will be tomorrow! I think it is more likely to confuse the ECO dealing with the visa application, rather than clarifying anything.

Get married so quickly after the divorce? Not an issue. Two weeks after the Decree Absolute issued? As long as that? I know someone who went to the Court building on the way to the airport, picked up the Decree Absolute, and got married again just 2 days later! Spouse visa applied for shortly after that.

Don't forget that especially with documents like the Decree Absolute, it is essential that the piece of paper issued by the Court, bearing the red "seal", is submitted as part of the supporting evidence .... rather than a mere photocopy of that document.

Apart from that point about your wife's letter, I think your list is fine.
Last edited by John on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

moogle333
Newly Registered

Post by moogle333 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks John Thats just what I wanted to hear, its just so worring, my finace is pregnant and this is not good for her.

Im trying to sort the visa out while she sorts the marriage out. But we could do all this and still be kept apart

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:19 pm

Just realised bank statements for your wife (to be) are not included in your list .... add those to the documents to be submitted.
John

moogle333
Newly Registered

Post by moogle333 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:35 pm

John wrote:Just realised bank statements for your wife (to be) are not included in your list .... add those to the documents to be submitted.
Thanks, I have actually included a couple of months worth of my fiances bank statements in with the utility bills, ill make an extra heading for her bank statements.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:25 pm

moogle333 wrote:
John wrote:Just realised bank statements for your wife (to be) are not included in your list .... add those to the documents to be submitted.
Thanks, I have actually included a couple of months worth of my fiances bank statements in with the utility bills, ill make an extra heading for her bank statements.
Moogle:

I must congratulate you for the pregnancy and the arrival in the days ahead of a new born.

As pointed out by John, you have nothing to worry about.

If all applicants for ECV's where as thorough and accurate as yourself, there would be no refusal (lol). :P

Good work and you are just going to make the ECO's work easier. I guess he/she would have a smile on the face. :lol:

All the best for the marriage and the application after that. Enjoy your lives together.
Praise The Lord!!!!

moogle333
Newly Registered

Post by moogle333 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:51 pm

Thanks Jes that means a lot to me.

Well the weddings booked for the 17th of Feb and im going to South Africa on the 8th, so fingers crossed.

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm

congrats on baby, you seem organised so i hope the visa is granted. can i just ask how you got copies of sms ? I am looking into this and we will ha ve to prepare all that stuff too so im just curoius about how you can copy sms's.
anyway good luck

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:45 am

Moogle333:

Congratulations on your wife's EC. I must say that I am very happy for you although it took almost two months (because of her previous immigration history, which was expected) it is still good news.

Enjoy your life together and the new addition coming soon (or has he/she arrived already?).

Congrats!!!!!!!!! :P :lol: :D
Last edited by jes2jes on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praise The Lord!!!!

moogle333
Newly Registered

Post by moogle333 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:27 am

jes2jes wrote:Moogle333:

Congratulations on your wife's EC. I must say that I am very happy for you although it took almost two months (because of her previous immigration history, which was expected) it still good news.

Enjoy your life together and the new addition coming soon (or has he/she arrived already?).

Congrats!!!!!!!!! :P :lol: :D
Thank you :) you can imagine how much of a releif it is. our baby is due at the end of july so weve got to get busy, buying baby things